Baby Beardie Trying to get out

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardm

Got a baby beardie in today and I do have experience in raising one. However, she's trying to get out of her cage she's just about a month old and i have her in a 60 gallon set up with a cardboard in the middle so that she feels more secure, her basking spot is 102 and im also using a repti-sun 10.0 that's mounted inside the terrarium. I have all sections of view blocked off except for one and she doesn't try to get out on the side that's not blocked she try's to get out of the side that is blocked . When I take her out to eat she doesn't eat (which are atm crickets dusted) she's going through some relocation stress ate about 4 bites of mustard greens and maybe 5 crickets today.So what could it be?Oh and I also gave her a bath upon arrival, Thanks for your help.

beardm

Original Poster
Sorry, but im not worried about her relocation stress and not eating im just worried about her running back and forth in her terrarium, can anyone think of solutions?

Esther19

BD.org Addict
This might sound silly, but I would try removing whatever is blocking the side she's trying to get out. Just to see what she does. Keep us posted!

beardm

Original Poster
Well I would have preferred to not block any side so when she arrived I didn't have any side blocked except the back but when she started running around i started blocking the other parts. :( so all the sides were un-blocked to being with except the back, thanks.

beardm

Original Poster
Not too good just about the same as before, I don't understand and it frustrates me....Today I blocked all her vision except the top and it seems to be going a little better but not that much.

beardm

Original Poster
Well we just had a feeding session, and she did ok she ate about 6 Dubia which isn't bad so im happy about that im hoping tomorrow she'll have her full appetite.and she isn't running around too much right now she seems to have gotten better with the glass being covered i'll give it another day and see how things plan out. Thanks for the concern.

ChrisMiller

Hatchling Member
Most of these breeders feed in the enclosures and advise against taking them out to feed because it will stress them. Her sisters are eating great in their enclosures.... and not running around their cage at all. I say keep it blocked off and feed her in the cage. I don't necessarily agree with a hide unless that's the type of pet you want to create. There is no reason they can't just be forced to deal with their surroundings. It will be better for them in the long run. In just 2 days our 2 little girls have already got used to our 2 kids and 2 big dogs. Last night they both slept in the open - one of them upright clinging to the face of the thermometer.

Have you tried petting her a lot and soaking her in warm water? Mine seemed to figure out really early that I was the good guy and they are doing great.

Keep us posted!

ChrisMiller

Hatchling Member
By the way.... here are the dishes I bought for them. They are the perfect feeder dish for dubia, worms etc. Your little girl can get in these, eat, and then jump out but the food can't. I also like how they are reflective so anything in there will catch the eye of your dragon from her basking spot. Works great and cost me $6 to my door with my amazon prime membership:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000PKPEZQ/ref=as_li_ss_til?tag=aemavm-20&camp=0&creative=0&linkCode=as4&creativeASIN=B000PKPEZQ&adid=01Q9J56VKBCVHEEPB3DX&

beardm

Original Poster
ChrisMiller":1whgrmxw said:
By the way.... here are the dishes I bought for them. They are the perfect feeder dish for dubia, worms etc. Your little girl can get in these, eat, and then jump out but the food can't. I also like how they are reflective so anything in there will catch the eye of your dragon from her basking spot. Works great and cost me $6 to my door with my amazon prime membership:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000PKPEZQ/ref=as_li_ss_til?tag=aemavm-20&camp=0&creative=0&linkCode=as4&creativeASIN=B000PKPEZQ&adid=01Q9J56VKBCVHEEPB3DX&

I don't want to hijack your thread with my post so I decided to reply back on here. Your lucky that your beardies go poop in the bath mine doesn't but at least she went poop yesterday and today. I will definitely get that cat dish to feed her and it's funny you say that I shouldn't take her out of her enclosure to eat because I noticed the last 2 times she ate a good amount was when I would feed her in her enclosure so I definitely wont take her out to eat anymore.I also decided to make her have more space so she can have a cooler side if need be. glad to hear they are getting along with the family im slowly introducing her to my lab as well but im more scared of her reaction then my dogs reaction lol :shock: well it's cool that you have her sibling on this site we can both see how our dragons are doing, thanks for the advice.

beardm

Original Poster
She still trying to get out and im clueless as to why :? .Her temps are going from 100- 104 she does have a cool spot and has no decorations but simply a rock she has greens available 24/7 and when she starts to run I do offer her food.She only ate 4 roaches today and has not eaten since she hasn't touched her greens either I even changed it up today but she did eat like 3 pieces of it the first day she arrived, and this is going on the third day since I had her. All of her terrarium is blocked off and she has been going poop daily and I have been cleaning it out when it happens.I just feel helpless and frustrated because im sorry but it is annoying and even more annoying when you don't know why.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixxie
Top Bottom