Baby beardie threw up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fay789

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering how common of an occurrence it is for bearded dragons to throw up their food. I got a baby about a month ago (He's 9 weeks now) and for the first time I left him in the care of my roommates while I went home for the weekend. I considered bringing him with me but decided that that might be more stressful. When I came back he was shedding, but other than that seemed normal except for a pellet the length of a normal poop, but it was wider and no urate, and I'm guessing was throw up because you could see the compressed dried out worms (He eats reptiworms and hasn't had a problem with them so far). How concerned should I be? He seems alert and no more stress marks than the usual faint ones on his belly. He also ate a few worms after the throw up because he saw me go into his food drawer and did his little dinner time dance.

Thanks in advance!

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Can you give a rundown of the set up? How big are the feeders you give her? Make sure you keep her hydrated. Hopefully she'll be fine in a day or 2.

Fay789

Original Poster
For sure, the reptiworms are maybe the length of a penny for the biggest ones, he seems pretty good about chewing them too. He's in a 40gallon tank with tile and paper towel substrate. Basking temp is 100-110 F depending on how far up the branch he goes. He doesn't have water in the tank, but he drinks his bath water and he gets a bath every other day. He drank a fair bit tonight which made me happy.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
One of the roomys probably just tossed all the worms for the weekend you'd allocated in and the hatchling pigged out to such an extent that it over ate and had no where else to fit all those worms , hence regurgitated insects. It happens.

I'd not leave the precious little one with your roomy in future as you can't rely on her/him to do as instructed.

If there is no evidence of the hatchling being sick and it's not happened again, the hatchling is probably fine and the overload of worms will pass through in the next day or 2 as oversized poos.

Temp measurement :
I recommend this kind of probe - very cheap on Ebay and very durable and quite accurate ( within 1oCelsius ) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181084857614?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

and I also recommend a laser thermometer (with a very small spot, smaller the better as you are measuring the average temperature of the entire spot and if the spot is large it can include cooler background temperatures and result in an measure that is lower than the temperature of the area in the surface you wish to measure). A distance spot ratio about 16 - 20 :1 is what you are looking for (mine has 18:1) and measures up to 350oC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom