Baby beardie only eats if hand fed

Status
Not open for further replies.

joannr24

Hi

I have a now ten day old beardie. They sold him to me at one week!! I've got him eating pinhead crickets and fruit flies but he will only eat them if I pick the bugs up in tweezers and give them to him. I tried putting him in a Tupperware container with the crickets
and he sat there and ignored them but as soon as I sat him on my hand and offered one with the tweezer he ate it.
It is a huge pain to try to pick crickets up with a tweezer. However at his young age I want to make sure he eats. The day I bought him at the pet store I watched him
voraciously chase crickets and eat them.
Is this just stress or am I spoiling him
and creating a bad habit?
I have only had him for four days.
Thanks

JCuratola

Hatchling Member
Could be just stress or maybe he just does not like what your offering him? My beardie hates crix so i switched to phoenix worms as a staple and he gets super worms too and im going to start dubias soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom