Baby Beardie Not passing Stools!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eragon08

Allmost two months ago i woke up and eragon my dragon was hardly moveing and not eating much so i took him to the vet and they said he lacked calcium they gave me liquid calcium and i gave it to him once a day but every time i did be bloated up really bad so i stoped giving it to him but since then he has had much improvement except i have to hand feed him worms and water! he use to tremor real bad but no more and my only problem is that he wont pass any stools but does pee! i dont know whats its called but when they pass stools they have that white part attatched to it, and thats the only thing he will pass!!! wat do i do? i give him warm baths 3 times a week the temps are all correct!!!!????

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He is only excreting urates currently?
What type of UVB light are you using, is it a flourescent tube light or a compact or coil light? How old is your UVB light?
What type of substrate is he on?
Do you supplement calcium now?
What types of foods are you feeding him?
Is he not having anymore calcium problems or having any tremors or seizures?

Tracie

eragon08

Original Poster
i have a uvb light and a reb light for night time and i do supplement him calcuim now i dust his crickets hes about 8 months old i have never gave him any greens i know thats bad im just afraid he wont eat the greens not knowing what it is! i feed him meal worms and crickets but i started feeding him wax worms because hes under weight

eragon08

Original Poster
i have him on napkins i use to have him on calcium sand but not no longer and he no longer has tremors or sezuires

Fogles

Juvie Member
eragon08":c838e said:
i have a uvb light and a reb light for night time and i do supplement him calcuim now i dust his crickets hes about 8 months old i have never gave him any greens i know thats bad im just afraid he wont eat the greens not knowing what it is! i feed him meal worms and crickets but i started feeding him wax worms because hes under weight

What about daytime? Dou you have a basking bulb?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Please get rid of the red bulb as it is not bright enough for daytime temperatures. You will need to get a bright white light such as a halogen flood light. It is very bright.
What type & brand of UVB light are you using, is it a flourescent tube bulb or a compact or coil light? How old is your UVB?
How far is the UVB from you?
Do you supplement calcium? At 8 months old, he needs calcium 5 times per week.
What are the temps in the tank & what do you use to measure the temps? A stick on thermometer, a digital probe or a temp gun?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom