Baby beardie not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonlvr

So, I got a baby bearded dragon about a month ago and he was probably 4 weeks old when I got him. He hasn’t been eating his insects or salads consistently for about a week now and it’s really worrying me. I had moved his tank about a week and a half ago so Im not sure if that’s the issue. He’s also been dealing with a respiratory infection for about almost two weeks now, but he’s been on medicine that the vet gave me. He has eaten some and he still looks really colorful and is fairly active, so I’m not sure how it’s affecting him. But I’ve seen that babies are supposed to eat up to 60 insects a day and he’s no where near that. He’s in a 40 gallon tank and has proper heating so I’m really just not sure what to do. I’ve tried assist feeding him by just getting his mouth open and putting a worm in there, but by the time I get to the third worm he gets so stubborn and refuses to open his mouth again. Someone ANYONE please help me :/ it’s so frustrating to feel like he could be starving and nothing I’ve tried has worked.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What meds is he on and how much is he taking? Respiratory issues can be caused from improper lighting and / or too much humidity--- we need to go over the lighting in the tank specifically basking temps how your taking them and the UVB that is extremely important --- NO COILS !!!!!!!!!!!!! No stickons for temps -- digital probe thermometers please -- the meds hes on will affect his appetite its good hes eating ---- and moving the tank is going to effect it as well its called relocation stress --- Please post a pic of the tank and lighting
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on the XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic and it should post
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom