Baby Beardie Not Eating Protein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enzynom

We recently got a new baby beardie. Shes about two months old and shes refusing to eat her crickets. They are small pin head crickets. When we first got her, she would gobble down about 7 per feeding but these past few days she has refused all of them. She just looks at them and then glass surfs to get out of her feeding cage. She eats greens just fine and she is very active. Her poo looks healthy too. I'm just concerned because she obviously isn't getting enough protein for her age. Any advice?

Sixxx

Try feeding the crickets outside of the enclosure. Some beardies don't like food jumping around in their homes. You can also try hand feeding (if you're comfortable :p) to get your beardie more comfortable with you and its food. How long have you had the baby? Beardies recently relocated may or may not get stressed by their new environments and can cause them not to eat. This usually lasts for 1-3 days but can be more.

Enzynom

Original Poster
Sixxx":3amiulhg said:
Try feeding the crickets outside of the enclosure. Some beardies don't like food jumping around in their homes. You can also try hand feeding (if you're comfortable :p) to get your beardie more comfortable with you and its food. How long have you had the baby? Beardies recently relocated may or may not get stressed by their new environments and can cause them not to eat. This usually lasts for 1-3 days but can be more.

I don't like crickets in their homes either lol. I feed her in a separate container which is a large critter carrier. I'll try hand feeding to see if she prefers that. We got her shortly before Christmas and it's only these past 5 days that's shes been refusing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom