Baby beardie not eating and hiding !!! Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpyx2

[*] please can someone help , I have just purchased two bearded dragons one male one female , I would say they are both about 3 months old , I have set the temps up to just over 104f basking and about 85f in cool end in a 4 ft tank. They are both very nervous which I'm sure handling will sort out , the male is eating well crickets , meal worms etc but the female just hides and doesn't eat much , is this typical of male and females ???? Please help !!!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Are they housed together? Typically, if one's eating well, the other would tend to back off as this is a natural submissive behavior.
Also, depending on their usual 'braveness', it may take the female a bit more time to adjust to her new surroundings.

Maxwellsmomma1989

Hatchling Member
you really need to seperate them! bearded dragons cannot live together ecspecially if they are male and female once puberty hits the male will breed the female to death right now it might be relocation stress some beardies have it some dont but seperating is really the best thing so if its not that the girl will have a chance at finding food my ma xwas kept with a girl and hes soo much bigger than she was because he was eating all the food unlike most animals bearded dragons are not social they like their own cages and things.

Stumpyx2

Original Poster
Yes they are housed together , they said in shop they were brother and sister , so should I have them separate they were ok in shop Viv ? I couldn't bear to leave on behind !!!!

Esther19

BD.org Addict
To ensure their safety, it would be best to separate them. Many keepers are surprised when their once "friendly" dragons attack and injure one another, or worse. The friendly looking behavior is actually domination. Even if there are no attacks at present, it is obvious that one is thriving and the other is not. I think you will see a big difference when you separate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom