baby beardie hasn't eaten in 3 days help !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zackbeardieowner

Hatchling Member
i have two bearded dragons which are about 4 weeks old 1 of them isn't eating anything i have been giving him baths everyday but its useless the other one is eaing well even he use to eat very well but these last 3 days he has not been eating the problem occurred 3 days ago and since he only nibbled on a cricket but just 1 he docent seem to be interested he use to steal food of the other beardie and was very active i don't know whats wrong he drinks daily substrate is cage carpet temps are 36 c and uvb is reptisun 10.0 com[pact which will soon be upgraded to a linear one since there out of stock . i have experience with bear dies i also have a 7 month old one which misdoing very well i dust their ceics everyday any help would be greatly appreciated x

MsWanda10166

Hatchling Member
Hi,
I am sorry your dragon is not eating. I understand how concerned you must be especially with one so young. I am not sure what to tell you. I know that when the expierenced people get on they are going to ask questions, you may want to get a jump on answering them, like what do you take temps with, what is their cool, and basking temp at, and so on. Also if you are housing them together you may want to seperate them, as one could be bullying the other. I have two rescued girls, and one was a bully to the other and she has several missing parts. It is sad, and your dragon might not be eating because he is scared.
Wanda

zackbeardieowner

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
hi wanda thanks for the reply the temp is measured with probe and i have a temp gun temps are hot side 93.2 : and 83 on the cool
the one thats not eating if anything would be dominating bec the other one who is eating hides a lot and she's shy her eyes are wide open but the others aren't

MsWanda10166

Hatchling Member
I know for babies this old, they need to be at 105, my Vet told me heat is 90% of the cure for them when they are young.

Spikey92

Juvie Member
Like wanda already said the temps must be higher.if they arent high enough they cant digest their meals and get impacted. The right temp is soo important.
Also youre saying that one is hiding a lot and gets bullied then why dont you seperate them??There really is not a single good thing about housing them together.ive ONLY heard bad things and stories which sometimes even end fatal so please seperate them ASAP!

Spikey92

Juvie Member
Also you dont need to dust the crix every day. 5x a week with calcium and 2x a week vitamins should be okay.
Does he still poop daily ?

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
When you get them separated, try feeding him some chicken and squash baby food mixed from a syringe. Mix the calcium or vitamins in with it, try to kick start his appetite. Still offer insects and greens daily.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Just bumb up the temps like said before, and keep him hydrated with daily baths. Make sure to get that uvb bulb replaced with a reptisun 10.0 tube. You will be surprised what getting the right light set up will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kpurlett
Top Bottom