Baby beardie goes stiff and shakes when handled....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone give me any advice? i bought him 2 weeks ago and i let him settle in for a week, only handled him to clean his poop out and hand fed him etc. Now when i go to handle him properly he goes really stiff and when i go to scoop him up he seems like hes on edge and tries to stop me from scooping him up. When i get him into my hands he then goes really stiff and he has marks on his belly (circular dark marks) is he still stressed and needs more time? Im just really confused with this behaviour.

Any help would be appreciated

zyzzthebeardie

Original Poster
Also his heating, lighting, diet and vivarium setup is all fine! His appetite has also dropped a little bit, hes only eating about 5 crickets a day these past 2 days

Coley54

Hatchling Member
It sounds like he's still just settling in. When my little guy came, I would let him sleep/burrow in one of my old shirts that I wore to sleep. He got used to my scent that way. Also, about 15 minutes after lights out, I'd take him out, put him on my chest and covered him with his 'blankie' so he got used to me holding him while he slept. He's come a long way. Just keep up with the handling and he'll get used to it in no time. Also, its pretty normal for them not to eat like they usually would when they are still new to their new home. My Dracarys didn't start eating like I have read that baby beardies eat until I'd had him almost a month! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom