Baby beardie eye lid issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

mraw

When I first got my baby beardie 4 weeks ago I noticed she had what looked like some retained she'd in her eye but didn't worry because she was eating and acting normal. But yesterday she ate her usal amount of crickets but ate them really slow and didn't run after them and just wanted for them to get close. Today was the same way and I had to hand feeder her the last amount if her crickets because she only ate 9 and is now acting very lethargic. Her left eyelid is now a dark yellow color and she closes it when she basks. I am now woriing because she isn't eating and is lethargic and not eating much. I doubt it's brumation because she is only 8 and a half inches.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If the issue is stuck shed or debris in the eye, you may be able to rinse it out with some plain saline solution. I'd try that first. Using a curved syringe may be helpful to build up (slight) pressure to try and flush the eye. I'd try that a few times per day and see if it helps over the next few days.

DaisyDragon123

Sub-Adult Member
Please take her to a qualified reptile vet. She should be eating with more enthusiasm and she should not be lethargic. She may have parasites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom