Baby Beardie eating a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronni1123

Not saying this is a problem..
But, she eats like every 30 minutes or so.
I put her cup of Phoenix worms in there in the morning, and then take it out at night.
She went through about 600 of them last week.
Should I lower the amount of times I feed her?

Her tummy is definitely getting bigger, and she is becoming heavier.
She is about 11"-12". Not sure of her weight.
She has a poo everyday.

But she hasn't had a shed in three months... is this normal?
Thanks!!

XiDiS

Juvie Member
Growing beardies will eat alot of feeders as they grow. As long as she is pooping regular and is growing, it shouldnt be an issue.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Normally feeding them 2-3 times a day, as much as they will eat in 10-15 minutes is what most say on here. Some will eat more some eat less, you shouldn't cut them back on food when they are young.

Ronni1123

Original Poster
Lindz0518":1dt83k9p said:
Normally feeding them 2-3 times a day, as much as they will eat in 10-15 minutes is what most say on here. Some will eat more some eat less, you shouldn't cut them back on food when they are young.
Okay, so it's okay that I leave her Phoenix worms in there all day? She just keeps going back to the container and eat more and more.

But about the shedding, is that normal?
How often do babies shed?

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
It depends on the beardie. We have a female that's about 8.5 months old and she's shedded once since we got her on November 7, 2012 and she shedded once since then about a month ago. She's started her second shed last week but her first shed took about a month to get rid of.

When we first got Redrock (she's been dead since 2008) and she was first with us it seemed like she was in a constant shed, she was between 4 to 6 months old then. Rosie didn't seem to shed as much when she was the same age but she didn't eat as much as Redrock did.

Ronni1123

Original Poster
beardie parents":1h4vzo70 said:
It depends on the beardie. We have a female that's about 8.5 months old and she's shedded once since we got her on November 7, 2012 and she shedded once since then about a month ago. She's started her second shed last week but her first shed took about a month to get rid of.

When we first got Redrock (she's been dead since 2008) and she was first with us it seemed like she was in a constant shed, she was between 4 to 6 months old then. Rosie didn't seem to shed as much when she was the same age but she didn't eat as much as Redrock did.
Hm, okay.
I'll keep an eye on here, and let her eat as much as she wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom