Baby beardie Daenerys (Danny) issues and concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taufer89

Hi all new here and was looking for answers to questions about my baby beardie....

I had a beardie as a kid and I've picked it up rather easily. How ever. My wife and I decided to adopt a baby (hatchling) from a irresponsible vendor at a convention. We've had him/her about 2 weeks so my best guess is its any where from 3 weeks to a month old.

I started out assist feeding it because it would not eat protein at all and, I know how crucial it is at such a young age. A few days later she is eating all on her own but only an average of 6+ crickets a day. She does hunt them and eats till I think she's full. Then stops. Is that enough for now? I calcium dust every meal for now. Veggies are readily available at all times and she does partake frome time to time.

I also caught her today puffing her eyes out and waving to her reflection on the side of her viv. I do have a background on the outside of it to minimize her reflection but it's still there so that bugged me out as that was the first time I ever saw this. Is this a bad thing she doesn't really attack her reflection but she seems to try to climb up the glass and headbutt her reflection some times. It doesn't seem that aggressive but worth the mention. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

I am absolutely up for any advise any one can give me. My beardie seems to be in good health it makes a healthy business every morning with no discoloration in the white part or chunks of bugs in the poop. It's never runny. And no signs of respitory issues. So I'm confident in its health for now. Thank you for reading my poorly written post. Peace and love

vulcan2016

Hatchling Member
The amount of crickets will probably increase with time. The arm waVingis natural and as far as the reflection she probably just gets a bit excited when she sees it. I just was reading about the eye bbulgingrtheother day too and some say that it could aid in ssheddingg so that could be waht it is its probably nothing to worry about it is all natural

Taufer89

Original Poster
O no by the way I got her in a 20 viv with reptile carpet with a 75 watt basking light and a 10.0 uvb

vulcan2016

Hatchling Member
For a youngun that is ok you just want to make sure that you get something more in the 40 to 50 gallon forlater on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom