Baby Beardie Balance problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo1995

Hatchling Member
Hey again one of my baby beardie has been acting weird. I actually ordered him with another guy who passed away I'm thinking adeno. My second guy was fine on Tuesday and I come home and he is tilting his head to the side and sometimes he gets these bouts where he flips over in his back and then he flips back over. I have raised 6 babies to adults and right now I have 3 sub adults so I know how to take care of them. Tank parameters are right, reptisun 10.0, tile, temps around 105 basking spot I just have never had a problem like this. Any advice he's a special guy just have had bad luck with this last purchase him and the other dragon

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Do you know if he took a fall or had some other kind of injury? It sounds like a limb injury or neurological problem. As you probably know, they tend to hate being on their backs. I'd take "voluntarily" flipping as a sign of a problem and get him checked on by a vet.

Apollo1995

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He didn't take a fall I was holding him a few inches above the ground and he jumped on to the floor that was it. I gave him a bath after and he's been like that ever since. He's active and everything so I don't know he also likes to have his head tilted to one side

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The head tilting is fairly normal to help them see something. It's just odd that he puts himself on his back, I've never seen that before.

Apollo1995

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He doesn't put himself on his back he will do like an instant flip onto back snd then reflip he doesn't stay on his back not even for a second snd the head tilt he always wants his head tilted even when sleeping

Apollo1995

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well nevermind he didnt make it. I ordered them both from the same place and they didnt make it

Esther19

BD.org Addict
I'm so sorry for your loss. The symptoms you were describing indicated pretty serious neurological problems. There was nothing you could have done to save them.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Goodness, I am so sorry that he passed away so quickly. :cry:
At that rate, it is a good possibility of Adeno or some other aggressive type of infection.
I am sorry for your loss.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom