Baby beardie and meal worms!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taralachelle

Hatchling Member
So I've had my beardie for a few days now! He seems to be doing pretty well, with only a few eating difficulties.
The past few days he's been eating almost all of the crickets I give him, along with some greens. But today he only ate 3 crickets and refuses to eat the rest. So I fed him meal worms for the first time and he ate them right away, even when I hand fed one to him!
My first question is about the health issues I've heard of in regards to meal worms. If he prefers them over crickets, is that okay? Or is it bad to feed him meal worms consistently??

My second question is about him drinking water. He seems to ignore his water bowl ( at least when I'm around) and I'm worried he's not drinking enough. I soak/mist him throughout the day and he always licks it up when I hand feed him water. Is that normal for baby beardies?? I'm worried that he's only drinking when I'm personally supplying the water to him and I'm not sure if that's how it's supposed to be or not!

KRayne

Hatchling Member
First of all, meal worms aren't good. They can cause Impaction and have little nutritional value. Try a different worm if you can, like Phoenix worms or silkworms which are very good. If you aren't already, you could try to feed the crickets one at a time or in very small batches.
As for the water, I've heard beardies don't like standing water. It's perfectly normal if your Beardie drinks from drips you give him. I don't like keeping water in my beardies tank because it can cause an upper respitory infection if the humidity gets too high. As well, if you are bathing him you don't need to mist him with water. They don't absorb much water through their skin. Hope this helps :)

Taralachelle

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KRayne":2taz2c7n said:
First of all, meal worms aren't good. They can cause Impaction and have little nutritional value. Try a different worm if you can, like Phoenix worms or silkworms which are very good. If you aren't already, you could try to feed the crickets one at a time or in very small batches.
As for the water, I've heard beardies don't like standing water. It's perfectly normal if your Beardie drinks from drips you give him. I don't like keeping water in my beardies tank because it can cause an upper respitory infection if the humidity gets too high. As well, if you are bathing him you don't need to mist him with water. They don't absorb much water through their skin. Hope this helps :)
Thank you! Are there any good sites I can order the proper worms for him? The pet stores around me don't carry anything besides meal worms ):

KRayne

Hatchling Member
Sorry I can't help with that :( Maybe try making a new post about that. Hopefully, someone can help you

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Lindasgonebuggie , mulberry farms, and if you Google what ever feeder you want they have lots of different sites to order from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom