Baby bearded dragon won't eat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egypt34

Hello all. I am new to this website and I ran across it while searching the web for answers on why my baby dragon won't eat. I bout him/her from va beach petsmart and made the journey home to Maryland. I named him/her Egypt. My question is, why is he/she not eating. I've only seen him/her eat about 6 or 7 crickets the whole time I've owned him/her. I purchased on Sunday. What could the possible problem be. When I pick him/her up it just crawls on my shoulder and sleep. Could he/she be ill? :|

Shenlong

DON'T PANIC! :D sorry about the caps but I'm English and I couldn't resist :lol: but seriously now, don't worry just yet, Beardies can be pretty grumpy with their new slaves when they move into their new kingdoms, can take them a week or 2 before they settle. don't overcrowd them though and just let them get to know you and where they are, once they are sure nobody want's them for dinner and you are the giant slave hand that brings the tasty treats on command, you'll have a happy little overlord in no time at all lol

Shenlong

almost forgot; silly me, sure you have but be certain you have the correct setup for your new little master with all the right fixtures and fittings, some helpful guides on here and online for all you need to build a happy lill dragons den :mrgreen:

Redleg

Shenlong":17tikq24 said:
almost forgot; silly me, sure you have but be certain you have the correct setup for your new little master with all the right fixtures and fittings, some helpful guides on here and online for all you need to build a happy lill dragons den :mrgreen:

Yes. Very important that your new owner has a basking spot at around 100F and also that your master has plenty of UVB. I always have a Reptile UV 160 watt self-ballasting bulb for my owner.

Sometimes they won't eat as much in the first week or so because of the stress of the relocation. Also make sure the lighting is correct, there are pages on the forum about that. They also cover proper substrate and tank sizes. Need any other help, don't be afraid to ask. A simple way to tell if Egypt is male or female is to look at the base of the tail, below the vent in good lighting and see if there are two bumps or one. One: female, two: male.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom