Baby bearded dragon growth

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmilyT

Original Poster
Drache613":1ps1b6s9 said:
Hello,

Sorry to hear about your job, things have been rough for a lot of people I know!
Your heating pad heats up to 107? Do you have it on low & do you place your dragon
on the heating pad? If so, 107 would be too hot.
If you are going to use a heating pad, be sure it is on low & that you have a towel in
between your dragon & the pad to keep it from getting too hot.

Tracie

Thank you! I hadnt considered putting a towel over it. I will definitely be doing that!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I agree things have been rough all over and yes use the 5.0 bulb for now- but it needs to be placed inside the tank or take half the screen off or 1/3 off place the fixture length wise across the tank w/ a piece of decor directly underneath w/ a distance of 6-8 inches --- you can pick up the 22" T 5 bulb later - they are around $19-21 -- place the screen butted up to it w/ your basking light next to it -- if you need more help let us know

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Definitely put a towel in between your dragon & the heating pad. That way it just doesn't
get too hot. How is he doing today?
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

EmilyT

Original Poster
Drache613":tbk4zm24 said:
Hello,

Sorry to hear about your job, things have been rough for a lot of people I know!
Your heating pad heats up to 107? Do you have it on low & do you place your dragon
on the heating pad? If so, 107 would be too hot.
If you are going to use a heating pad, be sure it is on low & that you have a towel in
between your dragon & the pad to keep it from getting too hot.

Tracie

Hello! I put the heating pad under the reptile carpet, she seemed to like that spot and slept there last night. Yesterday she ate 3 large crickets and she also ate one today. I gave her a bath and she didnt seem like she hated it so thats good i think she she has not gone to the bathroom yet today. She did poop yesterday and it looked fairly healthy. I do need some advice:

My bearded dragons belly stinks. I imagine that means that she walked through her own poop at some point maybe when i was at the grocery store. Ive given her 3 water baths and she still stinks lol

Also ever since i got her from the breeder the end of her tail has been very stiff and slightly points up. Should i be concerned about that?

EmilyT

Original Poster
110031-2938752021.jpg

Its just slightly bent. I hadnt noticed any discoloration but I know they can get infections and rot from shedding. Does this kink look normal? (Sorry for all of these questions, im very new to this and i just want to be sure shes ok)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom