baby bearded dragon gone missing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
so yesterday when i came back home my beardie was suddenly out of her tank and no where in sight. no one could have taken her out and I'm currently upgrading her tank. i looked through my whole room, all around the house and i still haven’t found her! it’s been almost 1 whole day but i’m super scared! i got crickets just so they would make noise and maybe she would come to them and i set up a basking light near her tank, along with some food. so far she hasn’t came back. any tips?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Does she have a branch in her enclosure that would allow her to get out?
Any other pets in the house?

-Brandon

mulanandkylie

Original Poster
Does she have a branch in her enclosure that would allow her to get out?
Any other pets in the house?

-Brandon

she did have a hammock but it wasn’t very high, that’s the only way she could have got out. i have a little tiny dog but since she got out we haven’t been keeping her in my room. and every time we take her outside we close the door just incase she will run outside.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would look all around your room. Oddly enough they are found a lot of times bundled under a bunch of clothes or something soft. Sometimes behind furniture or curtains/blinds. Check everywhere.

Good luck.

-Brandon

mulanandkylie

Original Poster
i looked everywhere in my room. blankets, shelves, clothes, corners, under my bed, and under my desk. basically raided my whole room and i still haven’t found her. i’m getting very scared, i live in texas so it gets pretty hot so i’m sure she will be okay, it’s just the thought of never seeing her again scared the crap out of me and i don’t know what i would be able to do.

are you sure she got out? check under your substrate , in her hide, take everything out of the tank and set up a basking spot in your room if you haven’t already and she might come there to get warm. If you open your windows while sun’s coming out on the floor she might also bask in that

Your beardie's tank is in your room and you are keeping the dog in your room too?

Maybe ask your folks to keep the dog in their room just in case your beardie is still in your room.

Is there a tear anywhere in the black fabric that covers the bottom of your boxspring? If you have one it's possible it could have climbed up in there.

This is my worst nightmare and I feel for you. I'm sorry. Hope you find your beardie soon!

Jess

mulanandkylie

Original Poster
thank you so much, i will definitely be double checking her tank and i have already set up a basking spot, but i will be opening the windows.

mulanandkylie

Original Poster
Jessluvsdragons":vy3ym9wx said:
Your beardie's tank is in your room and you are keeping the dog in your room too?

Maybe ask your folks to keep the dog in their room just in case your beardie is still in your room.

Is there a tear anywhere in the black fabric that covers the bottom of your boxspring? If you have one it's possible it could have climbed up in there.

This is my worst nightmare and I feel for you. I'm sorry. Hope you find your beardie soon!

my dog was kept in there when she was in her tank but since she got out i am no longer keeping the dog in my room as i am afraid she is still in there!

Jess

Martadragon017

Hatchling Member
Try also checking warm places. If there's any little nook somewhere that can heat up to a nice temp your beardie might be there, and check the places that you think your beardie won't fit in. I've noticed that my Marta has managed to fit in some places I thought she was to big to go in. A situstion like this has happened to me before but luckily, I found her pretty quickly, curled up in one of my curtains:
95399-2554499042.jpg
So check any small dark places where they might want to sleep. I've read threads where beardies where found in laundry baskets in other rooms or behind appliances, so don't limit your search to just inside the room just in case your beardie caught a moment when the door was open and no one was watching. Again, check the little cracks that seem to small since that also seems to be a place where a lot of people find their beardies. I hope you find your dragon soon!

mulanandkylie

Original Poster
update- we found her! she was by the computer monitor. a place that was warm! thank you guys so much for all the tips and i just wanted to say that i really appreciate this forum!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is always so wonderful to see such a great ending. I'm so happy you found her. :D

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom