Baby accidentally fed Superworms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinchilling23

I am sorry if I am posting in the wrong place.
I am freaking out.
My 8 inch baby beardie was accidentally fed two superworms do to a miscommunication between me and my husband.
My beardie, Philippe, seems ok. He is now asleep, fell asleep cuddling and I don't wanna wake him.
I am freaking out thro because I know at hos soze he should not have had those worms!
Is there anything I can do to help him? Anything I should watch for? Is this an emergency? Is he gonna die?
Help please. I can't fall asleep I am so worried, even through he seems ok- all these things I am reading online are terrifying me.
TIA

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
He will probably be ok. Do you know if he chewed them up pretty good? I would probably not feed too much bugs for the next day or so to make sure he clears his system and increase the veggies. It is more worrisome if you gave him those often as the exoskeleton can build up in the intestines over time. I would get a nice rest of sleep :)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Very naughty !!

OK now you've been told off. Don't threat, just give him pureed foods or very soft bugs like BSF maggots (phoenix worms) or silkworms. Silkworms have the advantage that they tend to make the lizards do wet sloppy poos.
Yes you can mash up / puree your live bugs (crickets or roaches).

I'd give him about 0.3 ml of olive oil by syringe or eyedropper - it's pretty good at lubricating the poo-works in lizards.

So just keep an eye on him for the next couple of days to watch for any signs of impaction, likely he'll be fine since this is a once off.

JoshD

Just give him a warm bath if you're worried. He'll be fine, my beardie was eating superworms smaller than that and now she's big an healthy!

Chinchilling23

Original Poster
Thank you all so so much. He's awake and scampering around this morning. I have a lot of exotic pets and am that person about researching and stuff so I totally freaked.
So thank you. I will follow all your suggestions. I really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom