Average size of male dragon ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTRM30

Hatchling Member
Hello all,

Just curious ....
we have a male dragon - we got him in the beginning of April at 8" from a reputable breeder after having many issues with our petsmart baby (too long a story - but some may remember it).

Anyway - So I'm guessing at 8" he was about 2 -3 months old. I don't have an exact hatch date.

He is now 19" - not including a tail nip that was about 1/4 when we got him, so probably about 2" by now taking into account growth. So - about 21" estimated - at 7-8 months old.

Does that sound big ? He weighs quite a bit - don't know exactly at the moment but was in the mid 400's when I weighed him last about a month ago.

Every one of my son's friends say their dragons are not as big as Bob, and Bob is younger than all the rest. One is 10 months, and another is well over a year.

Also, being that he is this big already, and will be heading to about a year old this winter, is it likely he'll brumate ? I dread that ! I'm so worried about him all the time LOL !

On a side note, I'm not happy that my grocery store hasn't had mustard or dandelion greens the past two weeks ! Those are the only "staple" he eats. He doesn't like collard (I try and sneak it in, but he always eats around it) and they have never had turnip. Time to check another store I guess. But he does really like blueberries. The bum, when I put them in, he'll pick every darned one out before eating anything else. That's why he only gets around 4 cut in half when I give them.

I'll have to post another pic of him soon. It's been a while. He looks silly - just his feet and half way up his legs is going to shed soon. Though - his whole body has slowed down in the shed dept. I guess that means he's not growing quite as fast now. He sure knows the superworm bucket though - he literally tries to jump right out of his viv at the bucket. I have to hold him back or hide the bucket. LOL

DTRM30

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Weighed him today - he's 525g

Any thoughts ? I've looked for growth charts but still wondering. According to what I've seen he's on the large end of average size for his age. Not a bad thing - just pure curiosity :)

DTRM30

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
here are a few pics

A59B113D-213B-470C-A931-13914C7381DA-4428-00000792AADFD08D_zpsf5dbcfa3.jpg

here he is all spread out soaking up some heat and UVB first thing in the morning. He's making himself look fat - or is it the old saying that the camera adds weight ?
22B7E2F9-20D2-4F63-B95D-AE07DFCEB16D-4428-00000792C4571458_zps8132f79a.jpg

This is when we first got him on the same basking rock.
pagona04-12_zps31cd2e1f.png

zandi202

BD.org Addict
All beardies grow at different rates and to different sizes. Right now my youngest (Sorin) is 4.5 months old and is 15" long whereas at that age Jace was 14" and Zy was 13.5". Both Jace and Sorin are males and Zy is female though Zy does weigh more than Jace.

At 8" a good guess is two months old from what I've seen.

He will probably brumate this year. It seems common for that age. Mine are probably going down as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom