attempting to breed superworms please help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix17June2009

Gray-bearded Member
Good Morning/afternoon/evening all!
Okay I have been trying to breed superworms for about a month now... I have successfully had 7 aliens become beetles, the only issue is all my beetles are dieing after about a week!! I read through/printed out the step by step guide someone provided on here (great job btw) and I'm making sure they are warm but not too warm, they have carrots, potatoe slices, then of course the bedding that i purchased from my wonderful lizard lady. They are being kept in a critter keeper (i think its medium sized) and thats all i can think to put on here... other than HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!
My proceedures are as follows: I chose the biggest, healthiest looking worms from my group, seperated them by putting them in the pill seperater things, let them be, in about 2- 2.5 weeks time i had 5 aliens (i started small so i woudlnt waste a good worm lol) i put them all in a critter keeper so that when they turned to beetles they would have access to some yummy carrot slices and tater slices (sliced with a potatoe peeler so they are very thin) 4/5 aliens became beetles. I'm not sure what happend with the 5th alien but he just didnt quiet make it... anyway, so i had these four beetles, a lot of food, warm temps ( i keep my house cold so to keep them warm i put a little che in an old roach bin i made and put them in there in the critter keepers), and i check on them daily. I have read and re-read the instructions you amazing people have provided here and i know its also trial and error, I realize what works for me doesnt necessarily work for you, so now that I have lost another set of beetles (as of yesterday i lost 3 more) and i'm really just not sure what i'm doing wrong. this is supposed to be a pretty easy thing to do, just time consuming, which is fine, but I cant seem to get past the beetle part lol!! any help is greatly apprciated!!

I know Phoenix will thank you for it :mrgreen:

Jordan and Phoenix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom