Atlas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! I'm a brand new beardie Mommy and I am so excited to be here! About a month and a half ago my roommate told me about a bearded dragon that someone had returned to PetSmart because he didn't know they would get so big. The little guy was too big for the regular cage, so the staff had to keep him in the back all by himself. I had been thinking about getting a beardie for quite some time, and "Draco's" story just broke my heart, so I brought him home! His new name is Atlas, and I think he's about 14 weeks old now, and already at 11 inches! As you can see, I am just goofy over this silly lizard!! :D :D :D

Atlas about a week after I got him
IMG_1757.jpg

Sometimes he gets bored lol
IMG_1827.jpg

In his old cage
IMG_1836.jpg

Yay for happy colors!
IMG_1843.jpg

The ghetto-tastic stick I rigged up for him
IMG_1852.jpg

My birthday presents, since most of them were for him anyway!
IMG_1860.jpg

He likes to balance on his stomach lol
IMG_1884.jpg

I like to call him my little gold coin :3
IMG_1890.jpg

11 inches and counting!
IMG_2003.jpg

Pretty new background
IMG_2016.jpg

IMG_2026.jpg

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Have you gotten a larger enclosure yet?
Not quite sure just appeared you had the reptile starter kit.

He has some great markings.
Good looking dragon.

And welcome to the forum

Explora

Original Poster
I did actually! A 40 gallon tank was part of the birthday haul, but the original tank came with the starter kit (which was free because it was returned). It's still a pretty basic setup, although I'm going to buy tile for him tomorrow.

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
He's a handsome little dude. I love how bright white his belly gets, it's definitely apparent how happy he is.

-Kaleen

Explora

Original Poster
So I finally got the new tile for Atlas, and it looks great! He seems to like it just fine :D I think I really lucked out with this guy. He's never hissed at me, and the only time he bit me was while I was hand feeding him on a ledge and he fell. He's not fussy about anything, really, although nopales are definitely his favorite!

A big view of the new cage and tile!
IMG_2034.jpg

We are quite the little fashion model :3
IMG_2036.jpg

Such a handsome little man
IMG_2037.jpg

Explora

Original Poster
New adventures with Atlas! We went to PetSmart today with the roommate and he did great. Wasn't too impressed with the car, but he never once tried to escape.

Him looking like a grumpy toad lol
IMG_2050.jpg

Motion machine
IMG_2052.jpg

Bath tiiiiiiiiime!
IMG_2055.jpg

He says "Moooom, quit it!"
IMG_2061.jpg

IMG_2063.jpg

IMG_2065.jpg

Who could that handsome beardie in the mirror be?
IMG_2066.jpg

Blankie cuddles!!
IMG_2070.jpg

"Can I help you?"
IMG_2072.jpg

Mommy likes cuddles :3
IMG_2074.jpg

IMG_2079.jpg

IMG_2080.jpg

And the maniac, once again balancing on his stomach.
IMG_2083.jpg

IMG_2084.jpg

Explora

Original Poster
Thanks :D every time he does that I'm just like "Seriously, weirdo??" And he's shedding now, but only his nostrils so it looks silly lol.

Explora

Original Poster
I know it's been like two months without a post, but I've just been so busy with school that I didn't have time to post any pictures! Hopefully I'll be better about this in the future :D

Well, Atlas is now 5 months old, 15.5 inches, and doing spectacularly! We had our first vet visit last week and he got a clean bill of health, and his mommy got a thumbs up for all her care lol. The best part was that during my conversation with the vet, Atlas was sitting on my chest (he's such a boob man!) and when I laughed, the vet said, "He's reacting to the sound of your voice and your laughter. Every time you say something, he cocks his head." It made me so happy!!

I love discovering little things about my baby. He likes to tap on the glass when he wants attention, and when he rides in the car he likes to tuck real close to my chin. Makes it kinda hard to drive, but I love it :D

So here he is, dangling from the branch like always lol
IMG_2157.jpg

Hanging out on his new hammock
IMG_2180.jpg

My little gold coin!
IMG_2183.jpg

He loves to show off those pretty colors
IMG_2184.jpg

IMG_2189.jpg

IMG_2193.jpg

"Ha! Can't take pictures if I've got your hands!"
IMG_2194.jpg

I love how you can see all the yellows and purples in this shot
IMG_2196.jpg

Cuddling with the Shamu his auntie gave him!
IMG_2244.jpg

Conquering the dog's dragon
IMG_2250.jpg

Mommy loves those bright colors
IMG_2253.jpg

It's Santa Beardie!
IMG_2330.jpg

The genius hunkered down under my roommate's fish tank and curled up in the wires
IMG_2402.jpg

Morning stretches
IMG_2405.jpg

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
He's looking great, and awesome he's so healthy. Keep up the good work. He still looks super happy too, beautiful happy colors!

-Kaleen

Nicodemous

Hatchling Member
Nice colors on him, i like that purple tint along his back.
One of mine have a green tint along her back, I didnt know they had those colors in them.
I like the tummy balancing. My little one does that too...silly guy!

Shiva

Hatchling Member
LOVE the pics! the colors are amazing and he is so big...seriously LOL with the Santa Beardie pic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom