Ate the day before brumation!!

I love my lizard

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Neo
Hello,
I got a baby young bearded dragon three years ago named Neo. This is the second time he has brumated. Unfortunately four days ago, Neo ate right before he started to brumate. I heard that if a bearded dragon brumates with food in their stomach it will rot and make them severely sick or possibly kill them. Can I put NEO in some warm water to get him to poop at this point? I don't want to wake him but I am worried for him! Does anyone have a solution to this issue?

Solution
Hi there, I've had beardies over 20 + years and they all brumated but none ever had a problem if they ate before brumating. He may wake up on his own but if not you can get him up in about 2 weeks and set him in some warm water with close supervision for about 10 minutes . Pat him dry after and let him back in the enclosure with some heat on so he can dry thoroughly. BTW any health concerns you have can be posted in the sub forums below [ health, E.R, general, breeding, etc ] rather than in this place.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, I've had beardies over 20 + years and they all brumated but none ever had a problem if they ate before brumating. He may wake up on his own but if not you can get him up in about 2 weeks and set him in some warm water with close supervision for about 10 minutes . Pat him dry after and let him back in the enclosure with some heat on so he can dry thoroughly. BTW any health concerns you have can be posted in the sub forums below [ health, E.R, general, breeding, etc ] rather than in this place.

Solution

I love my lizard

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Neo
Thank you for your response and information. I will post my question on one of the other sub forums regarding health concerns.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syafiqmust
Top Bottom