Ate something off the floor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had my bearded dragon, George, out so he could run around a bit before his bath. I was laying on the floor watching him. He ran a bit towards me, and then, before I could stop him he had picked something up with his mouth and was chewing it. I tried to get it out of his mouth but he swallowed it before I could do anything. I have no idea what it was; I didn't even see anything on the floor at all before he ate it. I suspect it may have been a bit of hair, but I can't be certain. Whatever it was would have been so small I didn't see it even though it was right in front of my face. I guess my biggest concern/question is this: what is the odds that whatever George just ate would lead him to become incredibly sick or impacted? Has anyone ever had this happened before? How did your beardie come through the situation? If he does become sick/impacted, what should I do? Thank you for reading this!

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
Watch him over the next few days to make sure he can poop ok, and there is no impaction. It is hard sometimes to watch them, and even if you don't see something on the floor they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smallfry_Zoey
Top Bottom