ate a housefly , please reply quick! leaving tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamusTheDragon

Sub-Adult Member
Hey.

So I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow morning. I brought my beardies milo ad samus to my stepdads house for him to watch for the week. The room they are in is full of houseflies -___- and samus's screen on her tank let's them in the cage. I really do not want her eating these at all. How dangerous are they? How can I keep them out? I can't get a new screen right now and he won't let me move them to another room. He's one of these people who thinks they're always right. He doesn't think this is a huge problem. And maybe its not, but I don't know where these flies have been and would feel better if my beardies couldn't eat them. Sorry for the rant :( just very angry about this since I planned for them to stay with him for two months and this is suddenly a problem. =/

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
It really isnt a problem.
I get flys from time to time in the basement with the baby racks.
Ive seen a baby jump a foot into the air to get them, and so far no problems (knock on wood)

SamusTheDragon

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ok this is a bit of a relief! Thanks. She mite get more than a few though since they move towards her heat lamp. They also like the uvb o_O . Its only one week, so hopefully she won't get too many. I'm really glad to hear your babies have never been harmed by them.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yeah, they are in no danger from houseflies, my babies catch them from time to time. When I was a kid, we caught the ones that were flying in the house to feed to my anoles and toads. Not only have I seen my babies eat flies, but on several occasions over the years they have eaten yellow jackets and honey bees without skipping a beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom