Ate a Bad Worm?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

reiddragons

Hatchling Member
A couple months back we got a container with a bunch of superworms in it. They weren't in sawdust, they were in, I think, dirt. I opened it tonight (we've been giving my dude a few at a time) and I gave him one, but the container smelled bad. I threw it out but he DID eat one worm...will he get sick? What signs should I look for?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Watch his poops- it may give him an upset stomach which may cause him not to eat-- watch his behavior and then again it may not phase him
Karrie

reiddragons

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":n1fgdp5d said:
Watch his poops- it may give him an upset stomach which may cause him not to eat-- watch his behavior and then again it may not phase him
Karrie

Thanks. He ate another bug right after. How long should I keep an eye on him, until his next poop?

And what do I do if he does get sick?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
If hes not acting like he should you can ask Tracie Drache613 she is the vet moderator but I wouldnt worry too much about it -- like I said it could give him an upset stomach making him not wanting to eat so keep any eye on his poop if anything looks out of the ordinary take a pic of it and post but you will know to what caused the odd poop and yes the next few times he poops --
Karrie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
If the worm was still lively , the dragon will be fine.

Sometimes if you don't change the bedding often enough the worm waste builds up and bacteria and molds get busy creating a nasty very pungent odor when the tub is opened or you disturb the bedding.

reiddragons

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
kingofnobbys":22drbm6w said:

Sometimes if you don't change the bedding often enough the worm waste builds up and bacteria and molds get busy creating a nasty very pungent odor when the tub is opened or you disturb the bedding.

The worm was still lively. I threw out the container after. You say my,little dragon will be ok?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
reiddragons":25ul4ylo said:
kingofnobbys":25ul4ylo said:

The worm was still lively. I threw out the container after. You say my,little dragon will be ok?

I think so , any bad effects will have happened inside 24 hours I think.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
reiddragons":2wfinhup said:
How long should I keep an eye on him, until his next poop?
I'd give it a few days if you're looking to inspect feces. Depending on how often & what he eats, it can take a few to work through--same as humans. It's still FI-FO, but there can be a queue.

As far as ill-effects, I would think 24 hrs.

I've had dubias that begin to stink after a few days due to buildup of frass & mold, etc. from the carrots I drop in. They just need periodic cleaning like any animal/livestock habitat. Supers are probably the same. I haven't noticed it yet because I keep them in oatmeal.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Your dragon should be perfectly fine :)
Especially if the worm was still lively.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom