Atadenovirus/Adenovirus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XtinaBeardieMom

Juvie Member
Heptane":c1e9x3ty said:
Hey guys, just wanted to drop in an update. We did end up purchasing a 3 month juvenile citrus beardie a few days after my last post, and she is thankfully doing great :blob5: - a HUGE change over the problems we've had with baby beardies. Her appetite seems to increase as the days go by - she ate 5-10 crickets a day when we first brought her home, now she's up to 20-40 a day! She still doesn't eat much of her greens, but what she doesn't eat goes straight to the dubia colony, so it's no big deal. She's still very skittish when we put a hand in the tank (which may be due to the full body shed she is just finishing) but we're being patient with her and going slow with it. We're still trying to get a *fresh* fecal sample to the vet for tests - she doesn't have a movement for 3-5 days at a time, and it's of course when we're at work, or on a Sunday when the vet is closed... she does this on purpose, I know it! Either way the vet said she looks very vibrant and healthy, and our husbandry seems right on. :D She also said that next time I'm in she'll give me the info/links on the studies she was quoting from. Will update when we get fecal and virus results.

Hi there, thanks for the update! I'm so glad you seem to have found a healthy happy dragon! As for the "fresh" fecal sample, you can always put it in a plastic sandwich bag with a crumpled damp paper towel, then stick it in the fridge for up to 48 hours before you can take it to the vet - it works just fine. So what's the new little girl's name?! :blob5:

Heptane

Original Poster
Thank you for the tip, it worked like a charm! All of her results (including atadenovirus) came back sparkly clean, so she's happy and healthy :blob5:

Oh, and her name is Izzy. Izzy The Citrus Monster if you want to get proper, mostly because she is eating about 100 crickets a day!! Thank the gods for online bulk cricket orders while my roach colony matures :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom