At what stage in a dubias life cycle do you feed them to reptiles?

vlaint

Beardie name(s)
Zerus
I've been breeding dubias for a year now but I'm still not sure what the most efficient way of feeding them off is. I usually just feed off the adult females with a few males, reason being the younger ones will replace them any way as breeders. And that maybe the older they get the less they breed or less efficient. I sometimes get guilty when an egg sac plops out when my beardie eats an adult one lol.

I used to feed them to my beardie before they mature thinking that I also need to keep my breeders but that was when I was just starting out and my beardie and colony was smaller. Not sure which is it. Do I just dump a mix of them and be done with it?

Groggyfroggie

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Draco
I feed the sub-adults to mine, the phase just before adults. I’ve heard from fellow beadie owners that adult dubias are harder to digest.

vlaint

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zerus
I normally don't have a problem with undigested adult dubias, unless he gobbles up 2 in one go, maybe an exception also are adult male wings lol.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom