Arm waving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a young bearded dragon who I've had for about 6 weeks now. This evening I took her out of her enclosure to hold her for a few minutes before her bed time. She was fine when I was holding her but when I set her back in her tank on her branch, she began arm waving at me. I've read that this is a sign of submission but as she was doing it, her belly and beard went incredibly dark and dark stress marks appeared on her belly. Is it normal for them to go that dark when waving? Did I possibly do something to scare her or anger her? She was fine when I was holding her. Any ideas?

Titus

She's just submitting to you. Perfectly normal behavior. In males, if they headbob, we have to give them a sock to y'know...Let it all out.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Totally normal behavior. Could also be that she is seeing herself in the reflection thinking she is seeing another beardie :lol: My beardie does this and it's quite funny he puffs his beard and body being all aggressive but then as soon as I come up to him he stops. My beardie will sometimes do this when I give him baths and he is not a fan of baths at all.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Imitate her .... and see what happens .... I do this will my pet lizards , the looks/stares I get back are priceless ( " what ? " )

Arm waves are one the most endearing behaviours displayed by lizards - not just bearded dragons do this.
My Peppa gets very animated

>> lady pushups (two arm wave combined with slow head nods)
>> alternating arm slow waves with slow head nods
>> one arm simultaneous slow head now & arm wave
>> one arm wave the slow head nod
>> when snuggling one arm wave - stroking me back.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
It almost sounds to me like she's trying to say she wants you to pick her back up again and cuddle her some more, but that's admittedly a wild guess. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom