Are your BD's lazy each morning when the lights turn on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBL3

Hatchling Member
Kuma seems like he procrastinates to get up n begin his day everyday. I mean, he'll have his eyes open n he'll just look at me but it usually takes him a good hour to come out. Some days are better than others. Is this normal?

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
Well of course they are slow to move in the morning. They need heat to get everything flowing and until those lights are on for a bit, they are too cold to be very active.

SBL3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I understand but how long is too long?

My lights come on at 10, its 12:40 lol, some times hes out by 11ish but its rare. He's made progress so far tho, his head is up now and looking... :lol:

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
Well that does seem a bit long...

What is your lighting set up like? I am guessing he is pooping normally and eating well? Well hydrated?

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Each dragon is different. My little Boodah will pop out on his own w/in 15 minutes but Crush won't ever come out on his own. He would stay under his branch for hours if I didn't bring him out n put him on his basking spot. I'm not a morning person either!

SBL3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I hear you spike rocks.... lol

GoFast":n0q5pe0d said:
Well that does seem a bit long...

What is your lighting set up like? I am guessing he is pooping normally and eating well? Well hydrated?

Yea he's eating well, def hydrated! Between his greens, me giving him water from a eye dripper and taking a bath once every few days, he's fine! All is well, I guess he's like Spike suggests, not a morning person. It's funny too cuz at night he's reluctant to go to sleep.... :lol: I gotta read him a bed time story aka take him out the cage n handle him n then he settles in :lol:

SBL3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He's come around everyday now lately... Iv'e been waking up to him everyday basking now! :D

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
yes Gizmo will look at me will full blackbeard if i havent moved her! She generally falls asleep on her basking spot but all winter she would stay on the cool side, i thought she was bruminating but all i got was a black beard and the stink eye until she got moved, then she lightened up gave me a kiss and pancaked! Spoilt dragon!

DeweysMom

Sub-Adult Member
I usually cover Dewey up all night with a blanket so the room lights don't disturb him. In the morning when the lights go on I always uncover him and from there he'll take a few minutes before heading over to his basking log. If I leave him uncovered he'll just stay there. Little sleepy head he is.... ;)

gogga

Juvie Member
Hi,

Yeah its a BD thing
But i have to admit... getting out of bed is a stretch for me tooo so cant really blame the little pooper :wink:

Pogie will sit for a few minutes after the lights come on (At 6 am) deciding wheter or not to open his eyes LOL
Most of the time i have to pick him up and put him in his basking spot to warm up, if i dint he'll just sit there for hours
But put a new rock and branch in his cage and the past 3 days he goes basking approx 1 hour after lights on :D :D

Phoenix17June2009

Gray-bearded Member
when i leave in the morning at 6a, i make sure phoenix is wrapped in his blanket and turn on his lights, the hubby says phoenix doenst even begin to wiggle under the cover until about 830 and then usually around 9 ish he will come out and be looking for his salad :D

ashlee1228

annamaureen":2vc080mw said:
I have to put Lando on his basking spot every morning, or else he'd hide all day long!
Norbert does that too, i think his bed is just too comfy. I have left him in bed with his day lights on and he didnt get up till around noon, and even then all he did was stick his head out and look around....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom