Are they active?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizzardman95

Well i know beardies are active in their first year, and then they basically become really laid back, and bask alot after that. So are uromastyx the same? In general which is more active in adulthood, or when being handled, bearded dragon or saharan uromastyx? Also on average, how large do saharan uromastyx get(I searched online, some people say 11-14 inches, others say 14-20 inches)?

lizzardman95

Original Poster
Seriously, no one can answer me? Please tell me. Also, what is minimum cage szie for an adult 24 inch uromastyx?

volvotech

Hatchling Member
Mine's under a year old and pretty active during the day. He falls asleep even before his lights go out (12-13 hour cycle), but runs around a good bit prior to that.

Anyway, a 24" Uromastyx sounds huge. Is it an Egyptian? A Saharan is probably the most common type and shouldn't get longer than 16". Keep in mind, they are not big on climbing like Beardies. More floor space and rocks are ideal as opposed to a taller cage with tree limbs, etc. The best care sheets I've read can be found at www.DeerFernFarms.com. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom