Are these Mustard Greens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vh621

Hatchling Member
Hey everyone, this may seem like an odd question but I'm like 90% sure these are mustard greens but before I give them to my animals including my beardie I just want to be 100% sure see I didn't really have time to ask for help at the supermarket cause they were closing so I just grabbed them and left lol. If anyone is really familiar with them please let me know.

Thanks in advance?

[ximg]88676 5200732672[/ximg][ximg]88676 8689971496[/ximg]

JoshD

They do almost look like Mustard greens, but I dont think they are. My beardie only eats mustard greens and they tend to be more leafy, and curly at the ends. These look more like sharper leaves. They look like either dandelion greens, or turnip greens. Both are still staple greens for a bearded dragon so no worries!!

Vh621

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It definitely does look like turnip, I know for sure it's not dandelion greens as I get those a lot. Last time I got mustard greens they were more leafyier but when I looked it up there appears to be different types of mustard greens. The one that looked like this one was called golden frill mustard. Regardless seems okay to feed so thanks a bunch?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Hope these images help ...

Collard greens :
Collard-Greens-Brassica-oleracea-var.-viridis.jpg

Collard greens are hard to find in supermarkets here in NSW.

Mustard-greens-health-benefits.jpg

Mustard greens are hard to find in supermarkets here in NSW.

Health-benefits-of-Turnip-Greens-2-300x235.png

Turnip greens are hard to find in supermarkets here in NSW.

Buk Choi
stock-photo-baby-pak-choy-chinese-cabbage-isolated-on-white-2637937.jpg

Pak Choi
530973255_XS.jpg

Kale
5358-305x305.jpg

....these are nearly aways available here in NSW.

Dandelion greens flowers - these are usually in my lawn and garden , the greens and flowers are good vegs to give to lizards (and people)
nicole_german_dandelion.jpg

Varalidaine

Juvie Member
Looks like curly endive in my opinion. Still a staple so fine to feed. Turnip greens tend to be a little flatter, like how dandelion greens are,, and not as curly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom