Are the eggs dieing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyAngel0123

Hatchling Member
My bearded dragon layed 9 eggs yesterday. But 5 of then are shribling up But not to bad, Am i dont somthing wrong? Are they dieing? They dont stink, there not yellow, not mushy. But the look very heathly, Im not going to give up just yet! But like i said, there not BADLY shribled up, just a LITTLE :arrow: LITTLE Bit. Omg i hope they hatch <33
Now this si her 2nd cluch
ALSO I NEEEEEED A AWNSER TO THIS!! PLEASE!! v v v v
Ok How many times can a beaded be pregnut befor it starts to get dangous? Beacuse my male is a VERY good breader, and we want to put them back to geather, but i am a little scared that she will be pregnut AGAIN! Can i put them togerther, or is that going to be a risk?
Hope someone can help :[
-Hannah :oops:

ErinMeetsMachine

Sub-Adult Member
I have no experience with breeding whatsoever, but she can hold the sperm up to six months. She may have clutches again based on that.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Sounds like the humidity is to low! Add more water.. And as far as the other question goes I would give her a rest due to the fact she could become stressed and she needs to get her vitamins and calcium back up!! Just my 2cents....

Lance

fuzlbaby

Gray-bearded Member
Only put your male and female together if you are breeding. A single breeding will produce up to nine clutches!! (or more sometimes) Keeping the two apart and not in the same room is best for the both of them. The male doesn't know when to stop breeding, that is his only mission in life, to reproduce. He doesn't care if the female is sick or malnourished, so keep them apart.

I agree with the moisture, up it a little at a time, you don't want to drown the babies, and don't put water directly onto the eggs.

Best of luck to you

gjclews

Right as for your eggs they arent getting enough water, humidity in the air. I dont know how you are incubating them or what you are using to place the eggs on but it needs to be slighty damp. I use vermiculite as its clean and holds water very well. You should have filled your egg pots three quarters full with damp virmiculite, not wet but just damp enough so that when you squash some together in your hand it makes a ball. Water should not seap out of it. I also place 2 pots of water inside the incubator which i top up regularly and i also mist the inside of the incubator. I then have set my incubator between 83.4 and 84.2 and rest the pot lids on the top. If you do this soon enough they should perk back up again in no time. DONT get the eggs wet as this interfares with the gas exchange the babies need through the egg shell.

As for your dragons i would keep them seperate for now if you can. She will need a long warm saok in the bath and lots of food. I am using calcium and nutrabol with every feed at the moment to get her back up and running as bearded dragons can lay again anything from 4 weeks apart even without breeding. They have been known to hold sperm for up to a year or so i have heard. Take care of her as she needs it and doesnt need the hastle of being chased around by a sex crazed male.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livsxx
Top Bottom