Are other small animal accessories ok for beardies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RachelG

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Frank Ocean
I did my Lenny's new viv a couple months ago, and now I'm ready to incorporate a hammock or swing between the platforms, in place of the rock. He has plenty of basking space, and no swinging space. [/ximg]
89494-3377477117.jpg
I did make him a nice Lenny-sized pillow, though.
89494-1122737285.jpg

I digress. Back to the swing. I found a lot of neat items for birds, hamsters, and Guinea pigs, but not too much specifically FOR beardies. I was looking at items like this

89494-7188664321.jpg
89494-8920222991.jpg
89494-3032785650.jpg
89494-8542947191.jpg

I would affix the suspended items directly to the top on his Viv, to ensure their safety.

Up until now, I've personally made most of his furniture, with beardie-safe materials recommended from this website and others. I do have a zoo med hammock, but I don't trust the suction cups with my precious porky baby. Does anyone have experience with generic "small pet" items? Or advice on what to look for or avoid? Any input would be appreciated!

I think items like that would work. As long as they don't have anything he can potentially swallow. I personally don't have anything like that but I think they'll be fine.

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
I would be careful of anything he might get his nails stuck in or even a leg. They only know how to pull their foot out regardless if they might lose a nail or break a leg. Or if they try to jump down while their leg is stuck they could really hurt themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom