Arching Back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Does anyone else's beardie arch their back like a cat and then walk around in the tub like that. I have been trying to get a pic of this, but every time I think to grab the camera before putting her in there she doesn't do it. :roll: She only started doing this a couple weeks ago and doesn't do it every time, but when she does it looks REALLY WEIRD.

Eljay

Hatchling Member
could it be that she is too hot? Don't beardies raise their bellys off the ground to cool down and circulate air? I guess its the oposite of being cold/needing to digest when they flatten out?

Only a guess!

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
Malibus been doing this also,she did it today while eating,then again while basking.
I don't know if she has eggs making in there,Does your beardie lay eggs?

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
She's about a year and a half and has never laid eggs. I do keep a sandbox in her viv just in case though. I don't think the water is too hot. She takes a bath in my bar sink and the plug has a slow leak so I always have to add more water. I keep a thermometer in there to make sure the temperature stays in a good range.

ChellyBeans

Gray-bearded Member
My male, Titan, doesn't arch his back, but he stands up like a bulldog and roams around like a mean guy. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom