Arcadia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IzzyTony

Hatchling Member
Hi Guys,

I live in the Uk and am looking at getting a new UVB strip bulb for my Viv. I have read that Arcadia are the way to go in terms of quality. So which one should i go for? The one i have in there at the moment is the Exo-tera 10 (unsure of the length unfortunately and i dont have the old box available to check tho i think its 15") Also i have had the current bulb in there for just over 6 months now. Maybe 7 but it seems as bright as it ever was. I read they should be changed 6 monthly but i never got around to it after loosing my job a few months back, and cash been tight. I will have the cash in a month or so to change the UVB. by then the bulb will be 8 months old or so, is that a particular problem? Izzy still basks under it and seems to be happy enough under there - but i am well aware that i should change it sooner rather than later.

All Advice more than welcome.

Tony

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Tony,

While a uvb bulb will continue to produce light, that doesn't necessarily mean its still producing the same amount of uvb as it was a few months back. You could probably keep that bulb another 2 years and it would still produce light, but the uvb would be greatly diminished if its existant at all.

6 months per bulb is the standard time you should replace a uvb.

Exo terra doesn't produce very good bulbs at all, and have been linked to health problems so its good you haven't had any particular problems with it, but I definitly would switch it out for the arcadia.

The Arcadia 12% is a great bulb.

-Brandon

IzzyTony

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Really? Ive never heard tell of issues with Exo's Bulbs in the past :/ Ive heard of other bulbs and coils which have bad rep but never these :< I really cant see myself been able to get one in the next few weeks though thats the issue and the worry for me :(

I have an older bulb in my drawer. But I think i replaced it early due to a flicker and dont really want to disturb the tank unless i have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom