Approximate wattage for 40 breeder

Status
Not open for further replies.

h2simms

Juvie Member
If you are looking approximatly for a wattage( I know house temps vary from house to house) but this is probably your best bet :D

100w bulb preferably a exo Terra tight beam light bulb.
Or a 90w HALOGEN flood.
My house stays around 70 degrees right now but a 90w halogen should do the trick but you may have to ajust the distance.

I have my female beardie in a 106q tub with a 50w and she gets temps of a 105+

So that's the APPROXAMIATE size bulb.

Weird, I had to try all sorts of bulb wattages in my 40 gallon breeder, and the only thing that would get the basking spot hot enough was a 200 watt! It's about 103 right now, everything else only brought the temperature to the low 90s.

healthybeardie

Juvie Member
I'm seeting my 40 breeder up too and I think it depends on many things -- temp of house, near a window (which provides additional lighting), distance (height) from the basking spot you are measuring, substrate and ornaments in the tank. I'm experimenting with a 100 watt household bulb and think it may be too hot - went as high as 125+ degrees. Therefore, I lowered the log and it went down. I'm going to experiment with a 60 watt bulb next from different angles & measurements. Who would have ever thought so much would go into setting up!

Keep us posted on your progress and can you post a picture? I will too once I get my background - hopefully in a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom