appologizing to a pet

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was doing some small altering to dewy's cage and his uvb light fell and knocked him on the head. He is not hurt but he is black bearding at me. So I find myself constantly apologizing to something that does not understand me. So I get a cup of crickets and he gobbles them up. Am I crazy or do people apologize more to their pet than other people.

Elmontare

Hatchling Member
Yes...you are quite insane. That being said i do the same thing ;) i appologize for every bath and for everytime i put my dragon back in her cage when she fights to not go in. I assure her its in her best interest. Do you also use the cutsey baby voice talk? Lol

alil

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
not really a cutesy voice but a calm one. He seems to be over it now I looked back at him though his beard is still a little dark he just looked back at me and licked my hand as I went to pet him.

KarenInCA

Juvie Member
LOL I don't find myself apologizing to him, but when he black beards me (usually when I try to bring him in the house and he runs away because he does not want to go inside yet, and then he runs on a hot surface and looks up at me with a huge black beard) I do find myself saying "WTH? Alright, we ARE going in. You are not getting your way this time! YOU need to stop! STOP IT!" As he proceeds to try to leap out of my hand after picking him up, I swear one day he is going to fall out of my hands as he protests LOUDLY with his entire body.

So, apologies? No.
Asking how his day was, or how he is doing? .....maybe :?
Telling him to stop throwing tantrums by black bearding me? Yes! Absolutely!

Do I find it odd and sometimes funny that I talk to a lizard? YEP! I have become the crazy lizard lady, for sure.

KarenInCA

Juvie Member
Elmontare":3837edmf said:
Do you also use the cutsey baby voice talk? Lol

OMG YES! And he knows his name at this point...it's kind of a high pitched, "Hi Rin. How are you, sweetie?"

jenn4turtles

Juvie Member
I usually speak to him in the baby voice. :oops: I can't say that he likes it ... Or that he doesn't.

But I do that with all of my critters, even my fish. When one of the cats get tangled under my feet, I do apologize for that.

Now, when I pass the huge tub I keep crickets in ... That's a different story. My son has pointed out to me that I always whisper, "I hate you", whenever I'm near them or fooling with them. :puke:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
[Moved from General to Beardie Tales]

For those who know me and all of my babies would understand this reply: I apologize on a daily basis, for everything, including when the sun doesn't shine or when someone doesn't want to come out to play.

Pushkin

Juvie Member
Oh gosh, I do all the time! I accidentally hit Pushkin's head on the screen this morning when I was lifting him out of his cage - and he bit me!!! First time ever!!! I don't think he meant to (he even seemed surprised!), I think it just hurt or scared him. But of course, me, having just been bitten, was sitting there saying, "I'm soooo sorry, Pushkin!!!"

KarenInCA

Juvie Member
jenn4turtles":2wv4x424 said:
I usually speak to him in the baby voice. :oops: I can't say that he likes it ... Or that he doesn't.

But I do that with all of my critters, even my fish. When one of the cats get tangled under my feet, I do apologize for that.

Now, when I pass the huge tub I keep crickets in ... That's a different story. My son has pointed out to me that I always whisper, "I hate you", whenever I'm near them or fooling with them. :puke:

Roaches are actually cute. Especially when you interrupt their eating. They stop moving for a second then skitter away as if they are saying, "Wasn't me. I wasn't doing anything. Nothing to see here. Now go away. Nothing to see"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom