Appetite Issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vonedaddy

Hello folks, I have some questions.

I know a few other people who have bearded dragons and they feed their animals small mice, dubia roaches, crickets, etc. Their beardies seem to eat anything happily.

I have a beardie who is appox 1 year old (I got him in Feb 2016). He is about 13 inches total length now. He has not shed is over a month. He is very picky and although I offer a wide variety of foods and a great quantity of foods everyday he only eats a very small portion. Also he will only eat meal worms and wax worms along with a small about of salad.

I have offered crickets, dubias, horn worms, pheonix worms, and silk worms. I am wasting a ton of money because all of the worms eventually die after a few weeks.

I have had him to the vet and all tests came back fine. He poops daily once in a while he skips a day.

Any ideas on how I can get his appetite up?

Here is some info:

Beardie Info:
NAME: Dax
Sex: Unknown
Age: Unknown - I got him 10 months ago, he was about 4 inches total when I bought him
Size: His is about 13 inches total now.
He is fairly active and very alert. He walks around the tank and the room when I let him out.

Enclosure Information:
Custom enclosure - Wood, plexiglass and glass sliding doors in front.
Size: 6 foot x 2 foot x 27 inches approx
Temps: 109F in basking spot - 92F ambient on basking side - 83F ambient on cool side
Lights: 100W Zoo Med basking spot - Zoo Med T5HO UVB 10.0 48 inch - Ceramic heat emitter 250W (on a thermostat)
Substrate: natural stone tile with sandless grout
Background: Blue PVC board

kornel351

Hatchling Member
This really isn't weird at all some times beardies stop eating for a couple days .Mine usually does it when he is bout to shed.But as beardies get older they tend to have a diet switch from eating 80 ℅ animal protein and 20 ℅ plant matter to 80℅plant matter and 20℅ animal protein .My hope would be that the beardy might be going through a diet change hence why he might not be eating a lot of the insects .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kpurlett
Top Bottom