Appetite changing.

Jackie...BD!

Beardie name(s)
Jackie
Hello everyone. I'm start thinking if the change in the appetite of my beardie girl normal. I'm dealing with little abnormal poop that she has. Other than that she's growing and gaining weight and looks healthy. BUT when she was 4-5 month old she was going crazy when I came to enclosure to feed her. Used to jumping on the front glass and all that. Now she's 7-8 month old. And last couple months she wasn't so excited. And start eating less. She still eating good consider the norms but definitely less than she used to and with much less effort. Is that something that change during the time when they become older or that's something abnormal and I should connect that to her stool problem and figure that out. I used to feed her 3 times a day, but now doing it twice and she's still not going crazy like she used to.

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
Hello everyone. I'm start thinking if the change in the appetite of my beardie girl normal. I'm dealing with little abnormal poop that she has. Other than that she's growing and gaining weight and looks healthy. BUT when she was 4-5 month old she was going crazy when I came to enclosure to feed her. Used to jumping on the front glass and all that. Now she's 7-8 month old. And last couple months she wasn't so excited. And start eating less. She still eating good consider the norms but definitely less than she used to and with much less effort. Is that something that change during the time when they become older or that's something abnormal and I should connect that to her stool problem and figure that out. I used to feed her 3 times a day, but now doing it twice and she's still not going crazy like she used to.
Have you started offering salad/Veggies.?
At that age, they start to change to veggies and salads instead of bugs.

Jackie...BD!

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jackie
She was eating salads and veggies from the beginning with no problem. I'm still giving her every day!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She's kind of slowing down on the insects on her own so that would be fine unless she started to look thin. Can you post a pic to show her size ?

Jackie...BD!

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jackie
She's kind of slowing down on the insects on her own so that would be fine unless she started to look thin. Can you post a pic to show her size ?
I monitor her weight...right now she's 470g. Big girl but doesn't look fat!

Attachments

• 20230811_111703.jpg
    20230811_111703.jpg
    293.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 20230814_134028.jpg
    20230814_134028.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 20230810_195036.jpg
    20230810_195036.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 55

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom