Anyone's Beardie stop eating Dubias?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poltergiest916

Year and a half old male has stoped eating dubias, I have already tried starving for 2-3 days (except greens, which he is eating well) and the dubias colony is flourishing but he will not eat any dubias, male or female larg or small. He was eating them up until about 3 weeks ago. His temps are great, varied diet, is he just picky? I think that he may be slightly overwieght. Feedng Supers, giant mealworms, and roaches. But he refuses to eat any raoches. He is not impacted, no signs of parasites or anything. He will let the roach (I only feed one at a time) run right over him, in front of him and he shows no interest at all. Thanks in advance for any help/advice. I have even put him and 1 roach in a tote so that it cant get away, but he will not eat them. Lately he has just been in his hide and not acting himself, but he does eat super and giant meal worms well. Brumation? Please help.

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
Sounds like a picky phase, plus that time of year, and he's at the age they start slowing down. I have some dragons that won't eat supers, some that won't eat dubia, some that won't eat bugs at all except once or twice a week. Adult males always seem to fall in what is like their own eating pattern where they prefer greens and less often live feeders. Some will go on total food strikes when hormones are high or entering brumation, like they want to clean out their system before taking their long nap. As far as holding back food to get them to eat, sometimes you have to do this for weeks with adults.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom