Anyone in the uk with unwanted bearded dragon eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I know this is a crazy question but I'm looking into taking on some unwanted beardy eggs, I have my incubator setup and a large 3ft by 2ft vivarium fully setup after one of my males passed away last month. He was a rescue and I I have been assigned an essay in biology and I was planning to Base it on the experience of hatching beardie eggs. I have homes lined up for any that do indeed hatch, a few uni friends with reptile experience and my mum who plans on having 2 and I plan to keep a couple myself. I have 2 large roach colonys and I do grow a few veggies but they are cheapretty enough to buy lol. I am obviously willing to pay for them and/or postage. Please get intouch if anybody has any or no of any or if your willing to help me out.

Thankyou

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Shipping them would likely kill the eggs. Any movement of the egg isn't good. The best way to do it is to find someone close by that you can get the eggs within a few hours of being laid. They can tolorate a bit of movement when freshly laid. I have driven eggs home on a 2 hr car ride before when people didnt have an incubator set up. But I didn't take any bumpy roads...and things turned out okay.
If you can't get them the day they are laid, wait a few days before doing it. Obviously that means whoever has the eggs has to keep them around 84°F and keep the humidity high in the egg box. Excessive contact moisture isn't good, high relative humidity is.
Hope you find some eggs, it sounds like a fun biology essay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom