Anyone heard from Traci? If not could someone else possibly answer any question from a post to her which is attached here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Thank you Traci. There's currently no swelling. It must have been a bad photo. I finally found a vet that claims to actually be board certified in bearded dragons.

Can't recall if I told you that the main reason I began to doubt the guy I went to early on, (before I leaned a lot more from you and all the great folks on this site) but I stopped going because I felt he wasn't as knowledgeable as he first seemed. He would offer a typical ointment for an internal parasite! (This was a place called "We're Animal Hospital) The new place I found, where I just scheduled an appointment for RJ (REX JUNIOR) at, is called Bulger Vetinary Clinic!

So I will soon get him the full run down. Physical, X-ray, blood work, etc...

I simply haven't been able to as it seems senseless to do such things at place where for something as simple as parasites is not treated properly.

I will pick up some of what you suggested until his appointment comes around.

There's NOTHING I wouldn't do for him. He is 5 years old and I love him so much. He's ADV POSITIVE, been parasite free for 4 years! He's my third dragon. REX and copper only made out until 2 yrs old before ADV got the best of them. So sad. But RJ has prevailed over it all, so I will do everything I can to ensure he can continue to beat this awful virus!!

In regards to baby food, I can't find any chicken or turkey baby food that doesn't have broth/gravy or other additives.

Also, regarding the squash, I've always given him summer squash, one of the few veggies he'll eat willingly, but for baby food I find only butternut squash, no summer squash. Is this acceptable?
Lastly, regarding the cherry juice, what should the ratio be? Like if I mix up a bunch of greens and baby food, how much juice do I add to it?
When I've done baby food with calcium and multi in the past, it usually just sprinkle a bit of each in the baby food, an amount that he'd likely get in a feeding of dusting bugs. So I guess I'm not entirely sure how much of the calcium and multivitamin should be mixed in either.
Sorry Tracy one more thing I wanted to ask, what would the dosing be for the Allopurinol?
And where were the best place to be to get it?
I see they have some on chewy.com but not sure if you knew a place with a higher quality brand. Thank you

mango_the_beardie

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mango
Thank you Traci. There's currently no swelling. It must have been a bad photo. I finally found a vet that claims to actually be board certified in bearded dragons.

Can't recall if I told you that the main reason I began to doubt the guy I went to early on, (before I leaned a lot more from you and all the great folks on this site) but I stopped going because I felt he wasn't as knowledgeable as he first seemed. He would offer a typical ointment for an internal parasite! (This was a place called "We're Animal Hospital) The new place I found, where I just scheduled an appointment for RJ (REX JUNIOR) at, is called Bulger Vetinary Clinic!

So I will soon get him the full run down. Physical, X-ray, blood work, etc...

I simply haven't been able to as it seems senseless to do such things at place where for something as simple as parasites is not treated properly.

I will pick up some of what you suggested until his appointment comes around.

There's NOTHING I wouldn't do for him. He is 5 years old and I love him so much. He's ADV POSITIVE, been parasite free for 4 years! He's my third dragon. REX and copper only made out until 2 yrs old before ADV got the best of them. So sad. But RJ has prevailed over it all, so I will do everything I can to ensure he can continue to beat this awful virus!!

In regards to baby food, I can't find any chicken or turkey baby food that doesn't have broth/gravy or other additives.

Also, regarding the squash, I've always given him summer squash, one of the few veggies he'll eat willingly, but for baby food I find only butternut squash, no summer squash. Is this acceptable?
Lastly, regarding the cherry juice, what should the ratio be? Like if I mix up a bunch of greens and baby food, how much juice do I add to it?
When I've done baby food with calcium and multi in the past, it usually just sprinkle a bit of each in the baby food, an amount that he'd likely get in a feeding of dusting bugs. So I guess I'm not entirely sure how much of the calcium and multivitamin should be mixed in either.
Sorry Tracy one more thing I wanted to ask, what would the dosing be for the Allopurinol?
And where were the best place to be to get it?
I see they have some on chewy.com but not sure if you knew a place with a higher quality brand. Thank you
yup here she is!
@Drache613

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing, I had not seen any new posts, so sorry if I missed any of your previous ones. Do you have more
pictures of your dragon so we can make comparisons?
Have you been able to get allopurinol or do you still need help with obtaining some for helping your dragon?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom