anyone hear of soldier worms

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbschempf

flukers.com sells a worm called soldier worms and i was wondering if they were the same as phoenix worms or if they could be used as a stable for a 3 month old bearded dragon. here is the drescription from the flukers site

Fluker Farms is now offering Soldier worms for sale in bulk quantities. Soldier worms are very nutritional, soft-bodied worm that are high in calcium. Large worms are about 3/4”

sounds like they could be the same; pheonix worms are the larvea of the soldier fly, which may be where flukers is got the name from instead of calling them pheonix worms...see if they have pictures, and if they are white maggots than they are probably the same exact thing. also since the description is "high in calcium" that's also a characteristic of the pheonix. i've used pheonix worms as a staple since draco was two months old and I haven't had any problems! i really love them cuz you don't have to gut-load them :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kpurlett
Top Bottom