Anyone have live plants in their Vivs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mofoya

I was thinking it might be nice to keep some live plant/s in with my beardie and was wondering if any of you have any suggestions about what species would thrive and be safe (and look nice hopefully.) If you have any suggestions and/or pics please chime in!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I have two small potted kale plants at one end to provide some fresh food. I keep them watered but am sure to drain them well after each watering as to not increase humidity too much.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
I don't right now, but I have succulents growing in one of my snake tanks and plan to add plants to the dragon tank when I'm done building the upgrade.

I'm planing mostly succulents (house leaks, sedum, aloe) peas and nasturtiums. What size is your tank? Other folks I've talked to had problems with plants getting trampled to death.

Mofoya

Original Poster
Taterbug":oh1hfo26 said:
I don't right now, but I have succulents growing in one of my snake tanks and plan to add plants to the dragon tank when I'm done building the upgrade.

I'm planing mostly succulents (house leaks, sedum, aloe) peas and nasturtiums. What size is your tank? Other folks I've talked to had problems with plants getting trampled to death.

Right now I have a 20gal. The question came up because I'm planning the upgrade. I'm thinking about building a large two-part enclosure to house my beardie and my wife's sugar glider (isolated from each other of course.) I'd like to plan for what plants I'll be using before the build so I can give everybody the space and light they need.

I wouldn't mind getting a small plant to sit in the 20gal right away and then transfer to the larger space when it's built, but I don't want it to be crowded in there. He's already almost too big for that tank. I'm glad you mentioned plants getting trampled... That makes me think it'd be better to start with a larger plant that wouldn't get stepped on.

I'm thinking of doing some live plants so my beardie can have something to snack on. Definitely make sure whatever plants you pick are safe to be eaten!

Here's what I'm thinking of growing.
- Dandelions
- Clover
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Aloe Vera
- Wheat grass

They're all cheap enough so if they get trampled, I won't feel too bad about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom