Anyone have experience with yellow fungus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jelandusn

Original Poster
Hokey was doing so well until this Sunday when he took a turn for the worse. He even shed and the yellow was pretty much gone. I really thought he was going to do ok and I'd have a few years with him but he couldn't overcome this infection and died this morning.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh man, I'm so so sorry. :( You really tried hard to help him but yes, this is a dreadful disease. I know how sad this is for you and send my deepest sympathy.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm saddened to hear this as well :cry: It must have taken hold internally to some extent as well. It's a nasty infection which can be nearly impossible to overcome sometimes. At least he was not suffering for a long time.

Jelandusn

Original Poster
I can't believe I'm saying this but hokey is still hanging in there!! He really looked dead but he wasn't! Today he looks so much better!!!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Whoa! That's fantastic news!! :blob8: Can you post some updated photos of him? I hope he continues to fight and bounce back.

Jelandusn

Original Poster
It has been a rollercoaster ride so far!! The good news is, after the shed, you can hardly see the fungus although the sore is still there. The first pic shows how good his belly looks but also how lifeless he was. It was taken yesterday. There's also. Pic of him at the doctor's on wed. He was so weak, even the doctor had to look real hard and poke him a few times to make sure he was alive. The last two pics were taken today. I moved him to a smaller tank because he was so cold and wouldn't bask. He is much more active today and even spent some time basking! He went poo and just seems to feel better. He still has trouble walking and using his arms but he is definitely alive and improving!
91563-5571037354.jpg
91563-5971258050.jpg
91563-3073396157.jpg
91563-7127369563.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Wow, this is a huge surprise ! I'm glad to hear that he's rallied and doing a little better after that episide. The oral meds. are harsh, that may be why he got so weak. Is it voraconazole ?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
His belly looks much improved. I'd keep up with the meds for a while to try and prevent the infection from getting a foothold again and give him a chance to strengthen a bit.

Jelandusn

Original Poster
AHBD":1hvrmecu said:
Wow, this is a huge surprise ! I'm glad to hear that he's rallied and doing a little better after that episide. The oral meds. are harsh, that may be why he got so weak. Is it voraconazole ?

Yes that's what he's on. I didn't give him his dose yesterday but I'll give him his dose tonight with his food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom