Anyone got Lizard Tattoos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
This is Virus, a design I originally sketched up a good few years ago and finally did this year. You may think: well, why dintcha do it sooner? That's because I have/used to have a severe phobia or needles. Last time I had to have surgery, they put me on 10mg of Daizepam that didn't work - but I think having Virus fully inked finally did!

For those that haven't had it yet, the sensation is very similar to a snakebite or catscratch and aches for about three days after :D

Virus:
18-12-08_2255.jpg

Bring on the piccies!

Stephies_Leo _Dragon

Juvie Member
Wow that is really cool looking ! Very creative and different ...... you must be very creative to have come up with that design. Congrats on your new tat !

Nasubi77

Sub-Adult Member
Nothing better than a self-designed, meaningful tattoo! I have designed myself a music themed one, but haven't had it inked yet.

They told me getting a tattoo would feel like a cat scratch (I do have one tattoo already). I think that description is a little misleading, because a cat scratch is over within a fraction of a second. Imagine that claw in your skin, dragging on at a slow pace, tearing your skin as it goes, for an hour or more.
That's more what a tattoo feels like! :shock:
But that being said, it really wasn't that bad...

Anyway, great tat!

spike1116

Juvie Member
lol ya a cat scratch is not exactly how i would describe it i have about 4 hours worth of work on my back and 2 on my chest and another 2 on my arm forearm was least painful but my back is a killer especially when they go over your spine

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
I love the design, it looks very Aboriginal! So perfect for a beardie. That said I would paint it, sew it into a quilt or wall hanging or - OH, Could I try it on a sand painting, I think it would look great! But, I would NEVER put anything permantly on my body. Just me. I really would love to incorperate your desing into an Aussie style sand painting. Please say yes... (Do we have a begging smilie? :lol: )

Sandy H

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
Great tattoo!!!

Catscratch... yeah right... maybe constant cat scratches for an hour in the same spot.

wingeddrgn

Hatchling Member
I thought it felt more like someone using a sewing maching on my skin...I have 5 tattoos and only one was real painful.. I have a frog, an eagle and a tiger for animals. I do have one on my arm that has a sun with a little lizard in it though..

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
*grins* Yes, like a very long catscratch, but the sensation and the after sting is applicable. Depends how vicious your cat is really!

I'm not sure quite where Virus came from, he just started out as an outer line that slowly grew shapes - a combination of influences I looked into whilst I was going through progression. There were about 8 different designs at one point, but the combination of Mayan, techno-circuit design and yes, a touch of the Aborigine blended in the best. He's based on my dream lizard - note the forked tongue - because one day I'd like to keep a black'n'white Tegu. Not for a long time yet mind.

*chuckles* I tell you what, if you could send me a Virus sand painting too, that'd be awesome! (I'll pay you back for postage and materials) I'll have to find a scan or cleaned up version for you. Somewhere in the world there is the one and only other remaining version of Virus - a giant in metallic gold on black, in a gold frame. I did it about three years ago and I regret having sold it. There is also a fish version of the Virus design, called Flux, but I haven't had him done yet. If you're canny, you can actually find the rainbow one as a mascot for a forum that I retired from. I need the rest of the Viruses inked first. (All the same, but in different single colours.)
fishalmsbmp.jpg

Nasubi - any chance of a peep?
Ralee - where's the piccie? :D

Nasubi77

Sub-Adult Member
Nasubi - any chance of a peep?

Here's my snowflake. I'm going to have some work done to it...not real happy with the original artist.
2267235550_a396124039.jpg

And here's my original design, still in progress.
2761901023_aa9efcb93b.jpg

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
That's very cool, I'm seeing a lot of instruments in there actually! You sketching, or using a program to tweak it in?

darkcirca

Hatchling Member
Looks good! I'm still trying to find an excellent artist to help with my design. I've been planning a crested gecko running my left foot/ankle for some time. I have two other small tattoos, neither of which are lizard related. I am incapable of drawing myself, and haven't found someone capable of doing just want I want..

I am terrified of needles myself, but I feel there is a huge different between getting a tattoo and getting a piercing/blood drawn. I black out, often to the point of passing out, for any needle other than getting my tattoos.

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Best thing I found was ask lots of people where they got theirs. I found supermarkets are actually pretty good for this - the big ones often have younger folk with ink on the tills! That's how I found my inker, I asked people in the street when I spotted a good one, friends I knew, tillboys, and found Chris in Crewkerne. It takes me about half an hour to sketch Virus - he did it in less than 10 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom