anyone ever used another liquid other than water?

Status
Not open for further replies.

durps

i was drinking some v8 and realized how much good nutrients and vitamins it has and then asked myself, i wonder if i fed this to my bd if he'd be supplied with other vitamins and things that he's missing out on. and i don't primarily mean v8. Fluids like apple juice, orange juice, etc. well, once i look into what they contain.
if there happens to be an ideal drink that supplies good nutrients that they need, and none that can harm them, would it be good for a dragon?
i dont know much about thigs like this, but i would like to be enlightened as to know if this is a good idea, and to see if anyone has ever fed their bd a liquid other than water.
thanks for any input!

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
well you should already be supplimenting the diet with reptil specific vitamins and minerals a few times a week. Too many vitamins can actually shorten your life span (they are micronutriunts and should only be in very small quantities.) so if you took multivits when you had a nice balanced diet, you would be taking years of your lifespan, now think what effect this would have on a small lizard!

They need water just as much as we do!

ajkry2

Gray-bearded Member
things to stay away from:
dairy
citrus
spinach
rhubarb

that's all i can think of now.

btw i agree with the above poster. the nutrient/calcium suppliments should do a similar thing to what the v8 does for you. a bit of additional water through greens and bathing should be more than enough to raise a healthy pooper.

fez09

Extreme Poster
They will get plenty of vitamins and nutrients from the fresh veggies offered, the other thing with juice is they would be gettin preservatives and lots of sugar. All juice has sugar.

Jetbo

ajkry2":1l7l7j18 said:
things to stay away from:
dairy
citrus
spinach
rhubarb

that's all i can think of now.

btw i agree with the above poster. the nutrient/calcium suppliments should do a similar thing to what the v8 does for you. a bit of additional water through greens and bathing should be more than enough to raise a healthy pooper.

I have always stayed away for citrus because of reading this before but has anyone else notice oranges are listed on the beautiful dragon chart are being ok to feed occasionally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom