Anyone else have to do this for their beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshCD

E9avzCg.jpg

My little guy has been home for over a week now. He's extremely tame and loves his family time outside the viv(today we even gave him his first bath which he loved). But I had been worrying about how upset he gets when he sees his reflection in the glass.

He pretty much kept stress marks when he was in his viv. Today I bought a sheet of poster board and cut it to line the sides. As well as a desert themed background to help the back panel. With him being a sub adult and going through beardie puberty I think that also contributed to his aggression at the site of what he assumed was another male.

I put him back in his redecorated viv after his bath and there hasn't been one stress mark on him sense.

2p3vxMA.jpg

Brandonforty2

Juvie Member
Yea. Just about everyone with a glass dancing beardie does this. I only have to do this to one of them. The other is just fine.

RuselBro

Juvie Member
I can only see 2 light source, which is the Dome, with what i'm guessing is his basking bulb. Do you have a Tube UVB Bulb? And also what type of Substrate is that, that you're using?

JoshCD

Original Poster
RuselBro":21kbekds said:
I can only see 2 light source, which is the Dome, with what i'm guessing is his basking bulb. Do you have a Tube UVB Bulb? And also what type of Substrate is that, that you're using?

Its a mercury vapor bulb. Powersun 160watt. Puts out both UVA and UVB, while also heating his viv. No tube needed.

Using alfalfa as a substrate. Completely safe if accidentally injested, although my beardie is already old enough that he hasn't had any issues with it during a feeding.

The alfalfa has been changed out for the most part once already and we disinfect his viv every other day or so, and spot clean. Its not retaining moisture either, as all my humidity measurements are in the safe zone.

RuselBro

Juvie Member
Haha alright. I don't see many picture's where People actually use MVB's "Usually new comer's" Which is why I asked. I use a PowerSun 100W Myself, but I also use a 24' Reptisun 10.0 as well.

But alright, sound's like you got everything figured out and set up then. :) Was just checking tho.

It does look a little dark in there. Beardies like it pretty bright, maybe just get a regular bulb or a regular fluorescent tube just to brighten it up a little on that darkside. Mine used to get really sad and lazy when all I had was the MVB, now I use the 10.0 tube a spot light for the hot spot, and a regular bulb to brighten and warm up the coolside a little bit. I dont trust any MVB after what happened to one of my Beardies eyes. I believe he has permanent vision problems from the damage caused by a faulty megaray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vinny2010b
Top Bottom