Anyone deal with an unknown infection in their bearded dragon?

Domdeezy

Long story short, vet did X-rays and blood work. Found a high white blood cell count, but other than that blood work was not concerning.
My 3 year old female has swelling in her front limbs and can’t walk. (This happened in a matter of a week, like I woke up and she was not ok)

I have been reading about septic arthritis.
My vet said that it could be some sort of meningitis or something. Does that even exist? I am not questioning my vets knowledge. He is great.
I just want to make sure it’s being treated correctly and I don’t loose my girl.

Currently on injected antibiotics (don’t know the name cause I go and get them injected every 3 days)
And Malixocam (sp) for pain.
Does this seem like the right approach?

She is eating, colorful, and lively. Trying to move around.

Thank you all

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Long story short, vet did X-rays and blood work. Found a high white blood cell count, but other than that blood work was not concerning.
My 3 year old female has swelling in her front limbs and can’t walk. (This happened in a matter of a week, like I woke up and she was not ok)

I have been reading about septic arthritis.
My vet said that it could be some sort of meningitis or something. Does that even exist? I am not questioning my vets knowledge. He is great.
I just want to make sure it’s being treated correctly and I don’t loose my girl.

Currently on injected antibiotics (don’t know the name cause I go and get them injected every 3 days)
And Malixocam (sp) for pain.
Does this seem like the right approach?

She is eating, colorful, and lively. Trying to move around.

Thank you all
Did he look at uric acid levels? Do you have the blood work? Please post so Tracie can look at it too- does she eat a lot of dubia roaches?

Domdeezy

Original Poster
Did he look at uric acid levels? Do you have the blood work? Please post so Tracie can look at it too- does she eat a lot of dubia roaches?
Good morning! Gout was the first thing she looked at. Uric acid is normal. Calcium to phosphorous ratio is normal

I unfortunately don’t have access to the blood work but I can grab it tomorrow when I get her injection.

She eats mostly greens because she’s an adult. She loves her greens. That was the first indication that she was sick. She wouldn’t touch them. :(

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Good morning! Gout was the first thing she looked at. Uric acid is normal. Calcium to phosphorous ratio is normal

I unfortunately don’t have access to the blood work but I can grab it tomorrow when I get her injection.

She eats mostly greens because she’s an adult. She loves her greens. That was the first indication that she was sick. She wouldn’t touch them. :(
Ok so please post the blood work and see if Tracie can spot something on it that maybe was missed-- what kind of UVB are you using? coil or a long tube fixture?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The reptisun 10.0. Long tube. X-rays showed no signs of MBD.
Where do you have it placed? In the tank or top of screen? The screen will block approx 30% of the rays if its a fine mesh like a screen door / window -

Domdeezy

Original Poster
Where do you have it placed? In the tank or top of screen? The screen will block approx 30% of the rays if its a fine mesh like a screen door / window -
The blood work showed a high white blood cell count, what does that have to do with the placement of my uvb? It’s inside the tank, by the way. Again, her calcium levels and bone density was great.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The blood work showed a high white blood cell count, what does that have to do with the placement of my uvb? It’s inside the tank, by the way. Again, her calcium levels and bone density was great.
Just saying placement and distance is extremely important for the overall health of the dragon-

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom