Any thoughts????????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
I have a topic on my Bella in the rescue discussion, and thought I'd ask questions in the health forum, if anyone has any thoughts, I don't want to be repetative, but if you could answer any of my questions or have any thoughts I'd appreciate it, I'll just copy what is in her thread.
Thank-you, see below:

Hi........Bella is doing well, beginning to shed, but I still have some concerns, she still has undigested food in her bm's, and her color is dull with the mega-ray, (I don't understand why but my Ollie doesn't do well with it either). I think I'm the only person in the world who has beardies that are too sensitive to the mega-ray. Because of Bella's undigested food, I thought the mega-ray would help with that, but I don't see any difference. I'm probably going to go back to the repti-sun 10, any one have any thought about this, I'll show some pics.

1. My question, anyone have the same experience with the mega-ray?

2. Also, Bella has never had raise head fat pads?????????? Don't know why, she is well hydated, and expels alot of fluid in her bm, along with the urates. I'll show pics of that too.

3. I have bought some repta-aid, but the mixing instuctions baffle me, my 2 boys get 15 spoonfuls per 6cc of H20, Bella gets 12 spoonfuls per 6cc of H20. Those are only mixing instuctions of course, and not the dosage they get, but the mixture is like cement, how do you put that in a syringe without diluting it?

4. Also, has anyone heard of Reptaid? viewtopic.php?f=6&t=96028&hilit=
My 2 boys have not done well on antibiodics so I'm hesitant to use antibiodics on Bella if she should need them, and if this works I'd like to try this, any thoughts?

Well with all that....Bella has gained weight, from 140 gms to 190 gm's and from 9" to 10" since Oct 11, 2008...... yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She eats like a little piggy, very active, and inquisitive and is very much loved, so here are some pics, some not quite as nice as others.

Christinespictures024.jpg

This shows how dull Bella's color is under the Mega-ray???????????? (I really believe in the mega-ray, but 2 of my beardies don't seem to do well with it????)

100_0165.jpg

This is Bella's color with the reptisun 10

Christinespictures013.jpg

This shows the absence of Bella's head fat pads?????????????(color under the mega-ray too)

This is Bella's original thread if you'd like more info, viewtopic.php?f=3&t=91221&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
Thank-you.

Christine <><

WAFisherman

Hatchling Member
Color difference could be a few simple things:
1) bulbs are simply different and cause the beardie to look different. Do you have pics of them outside the viv before and after the change to see if it is just the lighting?

2) Shedding cycle? I have a mega-ray and my beardie looks like both versions of your beardie depending on various factors inlcuding the shedding cycle...

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
The back picture above is using the Reptisun10 (I never saw dullness using it, but I'd rather use 1 bulb instead of 2) When I hold Bella, bath her, or she moves away from the light her color comes back? Her tail is shedding now, and I do understand how shedding changes color, the color change with the mega-ray has been instant when I began using it before this shedding process.

Any thoughts re: the other questions?

Thanks for responding, WAFisherman!

Christine <><

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Christine,

The Megaray & the Reptisun 10 have 2 totally different color spectrums, that is why they "appear" to look different in color while underneath them. The Megaray is closer to the real sun output than the Reptisun is.
How far away are they from the Megaray?
Bella has a different shaped head with little to no fatpads on top of her head. Some don't have prominent pads on their head while others do. It is most likely genetics if she is well hydrated.

Tracie

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Drache613":d5a00 said:
Hello Christine,

The Megaray & the Reptisun 10 have 2 totally different color spectrums, that is why they "appear" to look different in color while underneath them. The Megaray is closer to the real sun output than the Reptisun is.
How far away are they from the Megaray?
Bella has a different shaped head with little to no fatpads on top of her head. Some don't have prominent pads on their head while others do. It is most likely genetics if she is well hydrated.

Tracie

Thank-you Tracie for responding, the megaray is 1 ft from Bella, I measure temps because they can fluctuate from 105 to 110+, using a digital probe. When I rescued her, they told me she was 2 yrs+, it was hard for me to believe, so tiny, but thought she was a runt, or even a Rankin Dragon with her short snout and being so small.
With all that, her color was so pretty with the reptisun and I'm not sure she even likes the megaray, she moves away often.
So do you think it's just a matter of color spectrum rather than her having a preference between the two?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syafiqmust
Top Bottom